Established in 1985, and located in Windham, NY, the Chalet Fondue Restaurant serves the finest in German, Swiss, and American Cuisine. You will feel right at home as a friendly, familiar face welcomes you at the door. The owners; Nunzio and Kathy, have the gift of making all feel comfortable.
In the garden room you may dine amidst green plants and a restful atmosphere. The wine cellar at the Chalet Fondue Restaurant offers a kachelofen (traditional ceramic wood stove), European wine barrels and soothing candlelight. The green room is delightfully whimsical, with electric artwork, comfortable benches, and beautifully appointed tables.
Some selections from the Chalet Fondue Restaurant Menu:
- Crisp & Golden Potato Pancakes – served with applesauce
- Fondue Chinoise for two – A Swiss specialty of veal & filet mignon
- Wienerschnitzel – Lightly breaded veal cutlet, sauteed & served with Rosti potatoes & fresh vegetable
- Sauerbraten – This well known dish is served with potato pancakes, applesauce & red cabbage
- Kassler Rippchen – Two lightly smoked loin pork chops served with potato salad & imported sauerkraut
- Veal Piccata – Veal sautéed with lemon & butter, served with spaetzle & fresh vegetable
- Filet Mignon au Poivre – Served in a fine pepper sauce, with Rosti potatoes & fresh vegetable