At Lalibela Ethiopian Cuisine you’ll find dishes for meat lovers, vegetarians and vegans! Their menu embodies the full richness of slowly cooked meats, veggies, onions, fresh ginger, garlic, chilies and clarified butter with a distinctive variety of unique spices such as berbere and mitmita to create savory sautés and a delightful dining experience.
Lalibela Ethopian Cuisine serves traditional Ethiopian cuisine and their goal is to share Ethiopia’s savory flavors and unique hospitality. Ethiopian cuisine is one of the most popular of African foods around the world.
Selections from the Lalibela Ethiopian Cuisine Menu:
- Timatim fitfit – Chopped tomato, fresh green pepper and red onion mixed with olive oil vinegar and pieces of injera.
- Sambusa: beef or lentil – Ground prime beef or lentil mixed with hot green pepper, onion and garlic stuffed in triangular shaped pastry shells.
- Kitfo (steak tartar) – Finely chopped prime beef mixed with spiced butter and mitmita. Served raw, rare or well done.
- Siga wat – Beef slowly cooked with inion, fresh ginger, garlic, berbere chili sauce and seasoned butter.
- Lamb Tibs – Tender boneless leg of lamb sauteed in olive oil with onion, tomato and rosemary.
- Misir wat – Split lentils cooked with onion, fresh ginger, garlic, berbere chili sauce and olive oil.
- Gomen – Shredded collard greens cooked with onion, garlic, ginger and olive oil.
- Dora wat – Chicken legs slowly cooked with onion, fresh ginger, garlic, berbere shili sauce and seasoned butter. Served with hard boiled egg.
- Falafel and Timatin salad – Falafel on a bed of chopped tomato, onion, green pepper mixed with house dressing.