Tavern 214 offers craft beers and cocktails, a smart wine list, and a seasonal menu that reflects a strong “farm to table” philosophy. Tavern 214 is set in the bucolic Catskill Mountains, just a few steps from the Stony Clove Creek. Dine outdoors on the covered patio or cozy up to the fireplace in this 1920’s Colonial Tavern, newly restored by your hosts, Peter & Vivian Diaz.
After 25 years of running Food & Beverage operations in NYC, San Francisco, South Florida’s East Coast and Gers, France…Restaurateur Peter J. Diaz and wife Vivian have opened a place of their own.
Tavern 214 opened it’s doors on August 10th 2013 in the small Catskill hamlet of Phoenicia, NY, where Peter used to vacation with friends.
Images from Tavern 214 Farm to Table Gastropub
Selections from Tavern 214 Farm to Table Gastropub Menu:
- ROASTED PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED BLACK MISSION FIGS – Danish Blue Cheese, Marcona Almonds, Baby Arugula, Saba Drizzle
- BABY ARUGULA, SPINACH & LOCAL GOAT CHEESE SALAD – Shallots, Candied Pecans, Local Pears, Dijon Champagne Vinaigrette
- KEY WEST STYLE LOBSTER & ASPARAGUS FRITTERS – Cilantro Lime & Jalapeno Tarter Sauce, Cherry Tomato Slaw
- LOCAL RAINBOW TROUT TACOS – Cumin Sear, Chili-Lime Slaw, Cherry Tomato Pico, Cilanto Crema
- THE TAVERN BURGER – 10oz of Grass Fed Beef, Peppered Bacon, Aged Gruyere, Sherry Onions, Brioche Bun, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes & Balsamic Baby Greens
- MARKET VEGETABLE PLATE – Grilled & Roasted Local Vegetables, Fingerlings, Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- PAN SEARED SHAVER FAMILY LOCAL RAINBOW TROUT – Local Yukon Gold Mash, Jumbo Asparagus, Basil Tomato Garlic Butter
- 24 HOUR CHIPOTLE BRAISED GRASS FED BEEF SHORT RIBS – Cheddar-Scallion Mash, Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas, Chipotle BBQ Gravy
- TAVERN 214’s GRASS FED STEAKHOUSE STEAKS – All Steaks Accompanied By Herb Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Creamed Baby-Spinach, Balsamic Watercress, A1-Demi & Chive Butter: 16oz NEW YORK STRIP, 10oz FILET MIGNON, 5oz PETITE FILET, 36oz COWBOY STEAK (BONE-IN RIBEYE)