They Paved Paradise, Put up a Power Plant: A Presentation with Author Brian VangorSaturday Feb/11/2023
The Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant
A Presentation with Author Brian Vangor
Many local residents are unaware that Indian Point in the mid-20th Century was an amusement park, replete with outdoor activities, trails, and later kiddie rides surrounded by concession stands hawking ice cream and hot dogs.
Brian Vangor, a longtime employee of the various operators of the nuclear plant, unlocks an archive of more than 100 photos that chronicle the construction and operation of the plant. Each photo is accompanied by a crisp narrative that gives the reader a sense of the historic nature of the building of the country’s first nuclear power plant.
Held on the 3rd floor of the library
This presentation is free and open to the public. No sign-up is needed.
3rd Floor Warner Library
121 North Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591
Westchester County | Lower Hudson Valley
Friends of the Warner Library |
No Registration Required
More Events Of This Type:
- Croton Point Park: Westchester's Jewel on the Hudson - 04/01/23 - 2:30 pm
- History Exchange In Brewster NY - 04/12/23 - 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- Hudson Valley History Reading Festival In Hyde Park NY - 04/22/23 - 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- History Exchange In Brewster NY - 05/10/23 - 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- History Exchange In Brewster NY - 06/14/23 - 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
More Events By Category:Westchester County