New World Bistro Bar is an 80 seat gastro pub in the heart of Albany’s newly revitalized Delaware Avenue Neighborhood.
The building is cozy, the food is fresh and creative, and the staff is friendly and nurturing. We have designed the next generation of neighborhood cafes, feeling more like Park Slope than midtown Manhattan. Come as you are.
Original aspects of our 1910 building, such as exposed brick, black pipe and plaster have been incorporated into the Bistro’s design. The Art Deco mahogany bar is originally from the 1939 World’s Fair.
Selections From The New World Bistro Bar Winter Menu
- Brussels Sprout Chips- Pecorino or nutritional yeast
- Blackened Stringbeans- crusted in cast iron with our house “Cage” seasoning, served with double mustard Creole remoulade
- Ric’s Original Purple Haze Shrimp- Psychedelic Gastronomy- butter basted shrimp slathered with a fiery ginger, habanero, pineapple, red cabbage sauce
- BBQ Oysters Casino- “Casino Butter”, Asiago
- New World Classic Vietnamese Salad- crisp raw veggies, greens, herbs, sprouts, peanuts, tamarind dressing
- Winter Seafood Bowl – Cajun Couvillion, wild shrimp, today’s catch, mussels and crab in a deep roux and tomato based stew cooked down with the trinity and happy spices, served with steamed rice and scallions
- Ropa Viega- Wear your old clothes tonight! All natural short rib, braised all day with sofrito, olives and wine plated with black beans, brown rice, island yams, greens, plantain
- Thai BBQ True North Salmon- masaman, lime, fish sauce, lemongrass, garlic dressing, sprout-peanut sauce, brown rice, daily greens
- New World Pizza- charred tomato sauce, basil, mozzarella, Romano
- Zucca Pizza- charred tomato sauce, roasted butternut squash, sage, four cheeses
- Burger Deluxe- Kilcoyne Farms, peppered bacon, Cabot sharp cheddar, grilled onion, chipotle aioli
Chocolate-Coconut Milk Pot
Naked Cheesecake Machismo
Daily Fruit Crumble
Daily Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich