Jager Haus in Mahopac is a traditional German/Bavarian restaurant offering both authentic German food and old Marco’s favorites. After 25 years cooking New/American cuisine, Marco decided to go back to his roots.
Menu items include everything from Kartoffelpfannkuchen to Jägerschnitzel to Angus prime beef steaks. Stop in and let us serve you soon. Ein Prosit!
Selections From The Jager Haus Gastro Pub Menu:
- Kartoffel pfannkuchen – Potato pancakes (3) Made with freshly grated potato and onion served with apple sauce and chive sour cream.
- Caesar Salad – Hearts of romaine with anchovy filiets house made croutons shaved Reggiano Parmigiano cheese and Caesar dressing.
- Rinds Rouladen – Braised beef filled with bacon, gherkin, carrot and onion. Served with red wine beef demi glaise, potato dumplings and red cabbage.
- Bayrische~Schweinshaxen – Slow-roasted pork shank served with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut.
- Hungarian Beef Goulash – Served with spaetzle and red Cabbage.
- Rheinischer~Sauerbraten – Traditional Bavarian pot roast with red cabbage and spaetzle.
- Jager Schnitzel (Hunter Style) – Pork cutlet with wild forest mushroom brown sauce potato pancakes and red cabbage. (House Specialty)
- Bavarian / German Bratwurst – Skillet Browned pork sausage with sauerkraut and potato dumpling.
- Weiner Schnitzel – Viennies classic style with light brown sauce, spaetzle and red cabbage.
- Traditional German Schweinbraten – Slow roast pork loin served with bread dumpling and sauerkraut.
- Schnitzel Nach Holsteiner – (veal schnitzel) topped with onions, capers with anchovie filets and a fried egg. Served with red cabbage and spaetzle. This is a Berlin dish and a specialty of the house. Wonderful try it!
- Meyers Farm Prime grade Angus N.Y. strip steak – With melted garlic basil butter and Idaho mash potatoes.
- Grilled Cajun Salmon – With Idaho mash potatoes on veal demi-glaise sauce and fresh snipped chives.