Crested Hen Farms in High Falls NY provides the ideal site for a rustic and organic, yet sophisticated and elegant wedding or other special event.
It is located just 90 minutes by car or bus north of New York City at the base of Mohonk Mountain nestled on the banks of the Rondout Creek. The farm sits in the middle of 32+ acres encompassing both sides of the Rondout Creek.
The circa 1830 English-Dutch dairy barn has been carefully repurposed, resulting in a 3,000 square foot special event space with soaring ceilings, supported by large hand hewn beams that are original to the space. Crested Hen Farms is part of the Alligerville Historic District, which is listed on the New York State Register of Historic Places and the National Register of Historic Places.
The venue is available from mid-Spring through mid-Autumn. The basic rental fee includes the following:
- Use of the barn on the day of the special event
- Use of the outdoor 16-foot bar and terrace under the old granary
- Use of the grounds sloping down from the terrace to the banks of the Rondout Creek
- Use of the adjacent fields to set up tents for additional space, if desired
- Use of the electrical/water hook ups for executive-style toilet trailers
- Valet parking with two attendants
- A bonfire to end your special event, complete with hot chocolate and s’mores
- Use of the extensive wirelessly-controlled LED lighting system that is highly customizable.
- Day of event coordinator to make sure the above goes smoothly