Be advised that due to COVID-19, there may be Fair & Festival cancellations or rescheduling.
Please check at the event website prior to attending.
Hudson Valley Fairs & Festivals
Hudson Valley Fairs & Festivals lists some of the great things to do in the Hudson Valley, Catskill Mountains, and Capital/Saratoga Region.
Hudson Valley Fairs & Festivals is a rolling list of mainstream as well as off the beaten path fairs and festivals. Of course other types of events are mixed in for even more fun. No telling what you’ll find here, so have a look around. You may just find your passion!
CLICK ON ANY ENTRY TO VIEW DETAILS
- Adirondack Sports Summer Expo
- Saratoga City Center, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Join thousands of sports, health, fitness and travel enthusiasts for the Adirondack Sports Summer Expo, which features 150 exhibitors covering running, hiking, bicycling, paddling, triathlon, health, fitness, green living and travel in upstate New York. The fun, high-energy show includes great sales, clubs, demos, events, activities, races, seminars and prizes. Be at the Adirondack Sports Summer Expo to experience it! We have a lot of interactivity at the Summer Expo and the best way to get active and fit is to see, try and learn for yourself. Each year, our exhibitors generously donate valuable items that our attendees have a chance to win in a drawing held after the show closes.
- PLUS Polish Festival
- 89 Western Hwy S, Tappan, NY 10983
- This great event, annually hosted by PLUS Weekly, emphasizes the role of the publication in the lives of Polish-Americans on the East Coast.
It also brings a world-class celebration of Polish culture and heritage to the Tri-State area and helps promote various Polish-American organizations. The PLUS Polish Festival is a blast and presents tons of fun, Polish traditional food and music, live entertainment and various shows, a kaleidoscope of contests and competitions, games and attractions for children and youth. Naturally, we have all kinds of great Polish food at our Festival. If you have not had the opportunity to savor the old-world recipes of Poland, now is your chance to take a bite at the PLUS Polish Festival! Bring a blanket, take a seat on the lawn in the German Masonic Park, visit with friends, watch outstanding concerts and dance entertainment, enjoy Polish traditional foods and beverages, and just simply have fun!
You’ll definitely see for yourself why Poland has earned itself the reputation as one of the World’s most hospitable cultures. Annual Pierogi Eating Contest If you aren’t familiar with Polish pierogi, you’re missing out. Little dumplings filled with everything from potatoes to pork, from cheese to strawberries are something everyone should try. Pączki Eating Contest PLUS Polish Festival presents the Pączki Eating Contest. So stop by and see how many pączki you can knock off.
- Brewster Music Festival
- Wells Park | 98 Oak Street, Brewster, NY
- The Annual Brewster Music Festival is an afternoon filled with hot music including rock, soul, funk and blues from some of the finest local musicians. Put that together with local food vendors, beer, wine, games and family fun and you have the perfect way to kick off the summer! The Annual Brewster Music Festival is set to rock out on J06/06/2020 at Wells Park at 98 Oak Street in Brewster. Admission is FREE. Bring chairs and blankets to claim your space on the beautiful “great lawn” in the park.
- Trailblazzer Country Music & Camping
- Main Street, Hunter Mountain, NY
- Trailblazzer Country Music & Camping is the largest country music & camping festival in the northeastern United States, featuring country music’s biggest stars at Hunter Mountain Resort in New York’s beautiful Catskills.
Grab your boots, your camping gear and all your friends and come join us for the biggest party of the summer! The Taste of Country Festival also includes a wide range of food, drinks and attractions for the country music fan and is destined to become one of the top country music events in the U.S. Camping is by far the best way to experience the Taste of Country Music Festival!
Live among your family and friends on the ski slopes with beautiful views of the Catskill Mountains! Taste of Country offers three different options to camp during the festival: RV camping, car camping, and tent camping.
- Decorating Cakes Using Edible Flowers
- Clermont State Historic Site | 87 Clermont Avenue, Germantown, NY 12526
- Join us and learn all about edible flowers and using them to decorate cakes! We all know flowers are beautiful, but did you know they can also be delicious? We will taste a variety of different edible flowers and explore how each flower can be used to enhance the beauty and flavor of your cakes and pastries. Everyone will decorate their own cupcakes (and maybe one or two to take home!) Registration is required: $10 per person, children 12 and under FREE
- Balloon & BBQ Festival
- Saratoga County Fairgrounds - 162 Prospect Street, Ballston Spa, NY 12020
- Join us for one amazing weekend: The best of New York’s summer in a beautiful and accessible location! Over 20 Hot Air Balloons with four liftoffs and the Best Balloon Glow in the U.S.
Over 100 Artists and Artisans displaying and selling their original works Live Entertainment & Music Ongoing craft demonstrations Kids Activities including face painting, airborne artwork, and games Sponsored by Stewarts 6 BBQ chefs, firing up the smokers and grills 30 hot air balloons, ready to launch over the Adirondack Mountains 75
Exhibitors in the Marketplace: Arts, Crafts, Specialty Goods, and Sundries Where: Saratoga County Fairgrounds, 162 Prospect Street, Ballston Spa, NY 12020 *Please note that no dogs (unless a service animal) are allowed on the Saratoga Fairgrounds property. Please leave them at home! Thank you!
- Ukrainian Heritage Festival
- 21 Shonnard Pl, Yonkers, NY 10703
- The Yonkers Ukrainian Heritage Festival is a three day festival showcasing Ukrainian Culture, Art, Dance, Cuisine and History in a positive light. Established in 1985, the event was the result of the Yonkers Branch of the Ukrainian American Youth Association (CYM) members desire to reach beyond the Ukrainian community. Part of the purpose of this festival’s creation was to put Ukraine back on the map, to connect with other communities outside our own, and to educate, enlighten, and develop long lasting relationships with surrounding communities. In our thirty year tenure, we have provided festival attendees with numerous activities. We spotlight our culture through our arts, dance, and history. Vendors are available with unique Ukrainian products for sale. There is non-stop entertainment by dance groups and musicians. And most importantly, and most famously known for, our ethnic Ukrainian Food. Most importantly, we do all of the above in a family-friendly environment.
- Dad Fest
- Washington Park - 613 Madison Ave, Albany, NY 12203
- Dad Fest is the City of Albany’s free celebration of all the fantastic fathers out there. Featuring live music, great food, beverage tastings, vendors, kids’ activities and more family fun. Dad Fest is a chance for the whole family to kick back and enjoy an early summer afternoon at one of the Capital Region’s most picturesque parks, surrounded by good folks, good tunes and good times. Of course, you don’t have to be a dad to enjoy Dad Fest – this event offers a little fun for everyone. Bring the family, jump on the Love Albany Bounce House provided by Christ’s Church Albany! For parking information, visit www.parkalbany.com. Special ground rules in effect: No glass containers of any kind, recording of performances, animals or pets (excluding ADA-defined service animals). All City of Albany parks are now tobacco-free. Security personnel reserve the right to inspect any bag, container or package and confiscate any prohibited or illegal items. Any type of recording of the performance or presentation is prohibited without prior written consent. All attendees should be prepared to present age identification at any time if they intend to consume alcohol. Ground rules are subject to change without notice; Exceptions made for medical or child care reasons may be addressed individually.
- Freihofer’s Saratoga Jazz Festival
- Saratoga Performing Arts Center - 108 Avenue of the Pines, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
If you love good jazz music and having fun, you don’t want to miss the Freihofer’s Saratoga Jazz Festival. It’s the most popular jazz festival in the area and one of the most anticipated events in Saratoga Springs each summer!The Freihofer’s Saratoga Jazz Festival is held at Saratoga Performing Arts Center in Saratoga Spa State Park each year the last weekend in June (get directions to SPAC). Over 20 world-class jazz artists will take the stage at SPAC this year! The big-name acts at the Saratoga Jazz Festival perform all day long on the main stage (SPAC amphitheatre), and the Gazebo usually features up-and-coming jazz artists, with performances trailing off in early evening.
- Discover Hudson Valley Ride
- Victor C. Waryas Park, Poughkeepsie, NY
Centered around the Walkway Over the Hudson, the world’s longest footbridge, this ride is all about discovery. For some, that means taking it easy on one of the shorter routes and simply enjoying the gorgeous scenery of Ulster and Dutchess counties.For others, it means discovering what you’re capable of—with more than 5,900 feet of climbing, the 100-mile route is a century worth bragging about. Registration includes a BBQ lunch, a finisher medal, a T-shirt — and riders can register for the event and become a Bike New York member at the same time! You get $5 off membership, early access to 2021 TD Five Boro Bike Tour registration, a 15% discount on Bike New York’s upcoming Twin Lights Ride (9/13), a member T-shirt, bike shop and partner discounts, invitations to members-only social rides and activities, and much more!
- An Old-Fashioned Independence Day
- Clermont State Historic Site | 87 Clermont Avenue, Germantown, NY 12526
- An Old-Fashioned Independence Day – 18th century crafts, reenactors, music and entertainment.
A great day for young families. Later, enjoy live music and delicious hot food until you’re able to enjoy a view of the Saugerties Fireworks over the Hudson River!
Event Fee: $12 per car / Friends of Clermont $10 For more information please call (518)537-4240
- Parkfest – Wilton NY Community Day
- Gavin Park, Wilton, NY
- Parkfest is a free Community Day festival in Wilton, NY. There is plenty to do for everyone and plenty of family fun. Activities include Beatlemania now, Mini-Ark Farms petting zoo & exotic animal display, Bryson Lang comedy juggling, F&F pig racing, George Saterial’s magic show, custom & classic car show, rock wall climbing, pony rides, amusement rides, dog agility show, great food and so much more!Activities • Craft/Vendor Fair • Custom & Classic Car Show • Rock Climbing Wall ($1.00 each climb) • Pony Rides ($3.00 each ride) • Ice Cream Eating Contest • Quick Draw Caricature Artist • Sidewalk Art Gallery • Face Painting • Wood Sculptor Demo / Auction • Fire Engine/Flag Displays • Northeast Search and Rescue Dog Demo • Mini-Ark Farms Petting Zoo & Exotic Animal Display • Operation Safe Child • Saratoga Animal Shelter • Live Entertainment • Magic Show • Comedy Juggling
- Catskills Irish Arts Week
- MJQ Irish Cultural & Sports Centre | 267 Route 145. East Durham, NY 12423
- Catskills Irish Arts Week is a week long celebration for all ages, with music, song, dance, and crafts in a genuine Irish Village in East Durham, NY.
On the schedule are concerts by well known Irish bands and musicians. The Catskills Irish Arts Week has offered the highest quality instrumental, singing, traditional dance, and craft workshops for the whole family. And this year, we are offering even more workshops that are new and exciting. We have another special week of the best of Ireland’s Traditional music, song, dance and story planned for you again this year with close to sixty master artists from Ireland, Canada and not least, America, on staff.
The Green Fields of America with Dr. Mick Moloney celebrates forty glorious years this year and we are thrilled to honor a project of this magnitude here at the Catskills Irish Arts Week this year.
- Field + Supply Craft Fair
- 200 North St, Kingston, NY 12401
- Field + Supply began in 2014, as a modern interpretation of a traditional arts and crafts fair. It consists of a carefully curated selection of makers highlighting goods, old and new, from a variety of studios and workshops representing a wide range of crafts.
Located directly on the banks of the Hudson River and in the center of the rapidly transforming Hudson Valley, the reimagined Hutton Brickyards, with its bucolic grounds, industrial infrastructure, and rich history, is poised to become a top boutique cultural and entertainment venue.
Hutton Brickyards is a symbol of New York’s industrial prowess as the area’s leading brickmaker for over 100 years. We believe HBY is the perfect backdrop for this year’s fair.
- Dutchess Dragon Boat Race & Festival
- Hudson River Rowing Association Dock | 270 N Water St, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- This day is about so much more than the dragon boat races. While the races are going on, the shoreline is going to be humming with energy and excitement at the Riverside Festival.
There will be a wide range of entertainment during the day at the Festival. Food trucks, local community vendors, and artists will enliven the festival area.
Admission to the Riverside Festival is free and open to the general public.
Families, friends, co-workers, group and club members become “dragon boat paddlers” and compete as teams against each other. They climb aboard 40 foot long wooden boats, and paddle as fast as they can down a 200 meters course. Teams are comprised of 16 paddlers, a drummer and two or three “alternates.” So assemble a team and join the fun! Individuals can register on their own and they will be placed on a team that needs paddlers.
Habitat for Humanity of Dutchess County is honored and excited to host the Dragon Boat Race & Festival. It promises to be an extraordinary day of exhilarating dragon boat races, good food, music, games, and fun alongside our beautiful Hudson River. If you’ve been a part of past Dragon Boat races, we hope to see you back again. If this is your first time, WELCOME!
- Greene County Youth Fair
- Angelo Canna Town Park - Mountain Avenue, Cairo, NY
- Held each year in July, the Greene County Youth Fair is one of very few fairs around the country that offers free admission and entertainment for all ages. The fair celebrates the accomplishments of area youth who will keep our agricultural legacy alive for years to come.
The fair attracts more than 20,000 people and is one of the only fairs in New York State to offer free admission and entertainment. The Greene County Youth Fair remains a celebration of the talents of local youth, enabling them to strive for higher goals and receive support from family, friends and their community.
- Annual Putnam County 4-H Fair
- Putnam Veterans Memorial Park, 201 Gipsy Trail Road, Carmel, NY, 10512
- The Putnam County Fair is a 3-day weekend of fun and learning for everyone. Enjoy talented local musicians and dancers. Have fun with games, crafts and animal exhibits. Experience a country fair with an old-fashioned flair- the Putnam County Fair!
Relax at the Shady Grove Theater, listen to talented artists, both youth and adult, amateur and professional. Win a ribbon! Enter your photography, quilt, baked goods, great vegetables and crafts for displaying in the big exhibit building.
You don’t have to be a member of 4-H to enter. Stop by the Master Gardener Plant Sale! Master Gardeners always have a colorful display of perennials, annuals, trees and shrubs for sale. Master Gardeners are on hand to answer your gardening questions. Bid and win tools, paintings, tickets to shows, patio furniture and more at the Country Living Auction,
Experience Tony’s World of Science and Magic. Be curious or be skeptical, but you will definitely be amazed. Where is Tony? Just follow the sounds of children laughing. That’s not all: Touch a Truck, Pet Shows, Food, Face Painting, Games, Civil War and Revolutionary War Encampments, Putnam History, Horse Demos, Country Pig Roast & Chicken Barbecue, and more!
- Catskill Forest Festival
- 36 Bridge St, Margaretville, NY 12455
- The Catskill Forest Festival is a family-friendly, all-day event that showcases all things forestry-related in the Catskill Region.
A variety of local vendors from across the Catskills each bring something unique "From The Forest" to the event. Whether it's wildlife, handcrafted wood products, lumberjack shows, forestry equipment, recreational activities, educational talks, maple producers - anything forestry you can think of - it's all here.
The Catskill Forest Festival is hosted by the Catskill Forest Association (CFA), a nonprofit organization that provides forestry education & services to private Catskill landowners. The purpose of the festival is to foster an appreciation of the many benefits the forests provide to local communities and to society.
The all-day event celebrates the forests of the Catskills by bringing together a multitude of forestry-related resources from across the region. Designed not just to be 'fun-for-the-family', but also educational and informative for those seeking more guidance and understanding of the forests.
- Mud Puddles Mess Fest
- 825 Union Valley Road, Carmel, NY 10512
- The Muddy Puddles “Mess Fest” is a huge, annual event hosted by the Ty Louis Campbell Foundation. The “Mess Fest” event is similar to a carnival with various tented areas and a wide range of fun family activities – from splatter paint to pie throwing (and of course, muddy puddles).
PEPPA PIG • the giant mud pit • splatter paint • the “SLOPSTACLE” course • pie tosses • food fights • water balloons • slime time • kiddie car wash • beauty tent • zip lines • climbing walls • paddle boats • magic shows • bounce houses • music • games, prizes and so much more!!
- Putnam County Wine & Food Fest
- 3191 Route 22, Patterson, NY 12563
- Putnam County Wine & Food Fest, – The most fun you will have all Summer long!Live music, great food, and the best wine and spirits New York has to offer!
Come sample wines, ciders and spirits from some of New York’s and beyond most renowned producers, or enjoy a cold craft or local beer in the beer garden. Bring a blanket and some lawn chairs and enjoy savory foods while rocking to the rhythmic sounds of live music.
There will be arts and crafts, exhibits, and more entertainment than you can shake a stick at – even for the kids. So, bring the whole family and enjoy a day full of fun and entertainment!It in the Hudson Valley region; an hour away from New York City, and also a stone’s throw away from Pawling, Dutchess County, NY, Westchester County, New Fairfield and Danbury, CT. The Putnam County Wine & Food Fest is in support of Green Chimneys and the Children’s Tumor Foundation.
- Blueberry Festival In Ellenville, NY
- Canal Street & Liberty Square, Ellenville, NY 12428
- The Blueberry Festival was designed as an annual family fun festival. It gives reference to the Blueberry Industry that once was an important part of our area and culture.
The Blueberry Festival also gives our community the opportunity to showcase itself to those from outside our area. It is a “give-back” for all the hard work each and every one of us contributes to making our community what it is.
The Blueberry Festival is a “street fair” type of event. Our theme is Blueberry, but our event offers much, much more.
LOCATION: Canal Street & Liberty Square, Ellenville, NY 12428
FESTIVAL ACTIVITIES usually include: Live Music: in Liberty Square Blueberry Pie Sale – EWCOC fundraiser of pies using local blueberries Also available will be Blueberry Festival T-shirts/ hats and the collectible Wassail ornament.
Homemade Blueberry Pie Judging Contest: Entries due by 11:00 a.m. at The Pie Tent by the Hunt Memorial Building stage, Liberty Square. There is no fee to enter. Judging is at NOON. Winners will be announced immediately thereafter..
Over 175 Vendors: of Arts, Crafts, Handmades, Clothing, Jewelry, Accessories – and more. Lots of “Blueberry Goodies”. But it is not just Blueberries. We always present a huge variety of delicious foods to be enjoyed from one end of the festival to the other along with the foods of our local eateries. Local Businesses & Organizations are also represented. Children’s Activities: Face Painting, Interactive Inflatables, Games & more. FREE ADMISSION
- Florida Family Fun Fest & 5K Race
- Main Street, Florida, NY 10921
- The Florida Family Fun Fest is a great example of what a community can do when it works together. Preparations are ongoing year round with the committee working to make every year just a bit better than the year before.
Organizing the 5K races, providing the FREE rides that make those big smiles, giving local vendors, craftspeople and organizations the opportunity to be seen… require a lot of work! But, when that second Sunday in August comes around, it all becomes worthwhile.
- Delaware County Fair
- Fair Street, Walton, NY 13856
- The annual Delaware County Fair in Walton, NY, is one of the largest agricultural fairs in New York State. A six-day fair with everything to see and do from cows to cotton candy and everything in-between. We have an annual attendance of well over 80,000 visitors. Bring your family, and friends, free parking! It’s a family friendly event you won’t want to miss!
The Delaware County Fair offers so much fun and excitement, it’s hard to choose! All of the fun and excitement of an agricultural fair is in Walton, NY! As a guest, you and your family can expect tons of fun with attractions such as: Tractor and farm equipment displays and demonstrations Livestock contests and encounters with over 1,000 animals Great Food from corn dogs to cotton candy and local favorites. Live entertainment all day long
- Dutchess County Fair
- Dutchess County Fairgrounds, Rhinebeck, NY 12572
- For six days each August, the bucolic fairgrounds on Route 9 in Rhinebeck plays host to nearly half a million visitors to the Dutchess County Fair.
The second largest county fair in New York State is the showplace for agriculture in Dutchess County. Over 144 +/- acres of finely manicured gardens and grass create the beautiful setting for thousands of farm animals, agricultural exhibits and horticultural displays.
The fairgrounds becomes an entertainment destination where big name talent can be enjoyed, “thrill a minute” excitement can be experienced at one of the finest carnivals in the entire country, free shows and attractions can be viewed almost constantly from the time you arrive to the time you leave.
The tradition of excellence that has been the Dutchess County Fair for over 170 years offers something for everyone and creates memorable moments that will be cherished for a lifetime.
- The Schaghticoke Fair
- Schaghticoke Fairgrounds, Schaghticoke, NY 12154
- The Schaghticoke Fair is celebrating its 201st year of being a showcase for the best that Rensselaer County residents and agriculture have to offer.
Building after building will be bursting with vegetables, fruits, animals, antiques, baked goods and homemade crafts.
The 3rd oldest Fair in New York State takes great pride in being a Family Fair with hands on participation at its exhibits. Tasting, seeing, hearing and literally feeling agriculture in action is one of the best experiences we can offer.
- Columbia County Fair
- Columbia County Fair Grounds, 182 Hudson Ave, Chatham, NY
- Get ready for six days of fun September through Labor Day in Chatham, New York with all your fair favorites as well as new entertainment that will fill the stages, exhibit buildings, barns, midway and grandstand.
Motorheads will get their dose of metal-smashing mayhem with two nights of Demolition Derby. On Wednesday night, catch 4 cylinders, mini vans, mini pick-ups and mini SUVs heats plus 6 and 8 cylinders and full-size pick-ups and vans on Thursday night.
The excitement of bareback, saddle bronc and bull riding thrills fairgoers on Labor Day with professional cowboys throughout the country competing for cash prizes and a chance at the year-end trophy buckle at the Painted Pony Rodeo. Team roping, calf roping, steer wrestling and ladies barrel racing contest fill out the event.
On Saturday, the raging Monster Tractors will once again pull their heavy loads past the grandstand crowd, testing fairgoers eardrums while earning points towards the circuit championship. Our annual Firefighters Parade steps off at 11 am with Columbia County Fire and EMS companies marching along with the Ghent Band. On Sunday, Queen Nation, West Coast based tribute band, will take the Main Stage to perform superstar rock band Queen’s hits including Another One Bites The Dust, Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions, Killer Queen, Under Pressure and more.
Back again for 2020 are all of our favorite competitions of livestock, talent, beverage making, domestic arts & crafts, antique tractors, quilts, produce, sunflowers, scarecrows, school work, photography, school girl queen, flowers, scouting, wool, watermelon & ice cream eating, 4-H and Grange. And the beat goes on throughout the Fair with musical performances in the Upper Entertainment Garden, NorthGate Stage and Pavillion. Plus thrilling midway rides, games of chance, fabulous food concessions and product and services vendors galore.
- Armonk Outdoor Art Show
- 205 Business Park Drive, Armonk, NY
- The Armonk Outdoor Art Show is ranked among the top “Fine Art and Design Shows” in the New York Metro Area by Sunshine Artist Magazine and placed in the “Prime 50” Fine Art and Fine Craft Fairs in the US by Art Fair SourceBook.
The Armonk Outdoor Art Show will continue its long tradition of showcasing a fresh and diverse array of art. Over 185 juried artists from across the country and abroad will be featured — many new to the show — displaying their creations in a broad spectrum of media: oils/acrylics/watercolors, mixed media, printmaking/drawing/pastels, sculpture, photography/digital art, wearable art, and fine crafts.
The show will also feature free guided artist tours, emerging artists, and fun-filled, kid-friendly activities. We will once again offer personal shoppers, who will be available to help visitors find and select art that best suits their taste and decor.
There is ample free parking on site, as well as a diverse food court. The Art Show is sponsored by Friends of the North Castle Public Library, Inc., and net proceeds benefit the town’s libraries.
- Tugboat Roundup
- 1 Tugboat Alley, Waterford, NY 12188
- The Tugboat Roundup is a gathering of tugboats and other vessels and a celebration of New York’s maritime industry.
The Tugboat Roundup typically features about thirty tugs and other vessels including working tugs, historic tugs, mini-tugs, and barges. Parking The Tugboat Roundup takes place along a quarter mile of the Erie Canal and at Lock E2 Park.
The address of the festival will take you to the Hurst Harbor Center (formerly the Waterford Visitor Center) at the heart of the festival. However, parking is very limited in this area. Satellite parking lots and shuttles are available. You will see signs for the parking lots when you arrive in Waterford. If you choose to find a parking spot closer to the festival, please be respectful of homes and driveways.
Friday: Tug parade, live music, vendors
Saturday: Tug tours, vendors, boat rides, live music, children’s activities, beer barge, fireworks
Sunday: Tug tours, vendors, boat rides, live music, children’s activities, closing ceremonies
- Antique Engine Jamboree & Powerfest
- Hanford Mills Museum | 51 County Highway 12, East Meredith, NY 13757
- The Antique Engine Jamboree at Hanford Mills Museum features antique tractors, Model A Fords, outboard motors, Doodlebugs, hit and miss engines, model steam engines, model boats, and water-cooled and air-cooled gas engines.
Exhibitors are individual collectors as well as members of the Franklin Doodlebug Club, the Tired Iron of Butternut Valley, Neversink Rondout Antique Machinery Association, Southern Tier Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association, the Hudson Mohawk Chapter of the Pioneer Gas Engine Association, the Antique Outboard Motor Club, the Catskill Mountain Antique Engine and Machinery Club, the Oneonta RC Flyers, and the Mohican Car Club.
Popular features include a 1926 Ahrens Fox Pumper Firetruck and the 1957 Nash Metropolitan Hook and Ladder Fire Truck Ride from the Catskill Game Farm. “The antique engines on display demonstrate the ingenuity of the past,” says Hanford Mills Executive Director Liz Callahan. “The exhibitors have great stories to tell of the hours of tinkering, detective work and mechanical know-how necessary to bring these engines back to working order, and to keep them that way.”
The Museum’s Steam Team operate the wood-fired steam boiler and steam engines. Hands-on kids activities, BBQ, local bluegrass music, and demonstrations in the Mill round out the Antique Engine Jamboree. The Jamboree is included with regular Museum admission, which is free for children 12 and under, Museum members, and residents of zip codes near Hanford Mills (13757, 13739, 13786, 13750, and 13806).
- Annual Italian Feast
- Tappan Masonic Park Fair Grounds | 89 Western Highway, Tappan, NY 10983
- The Rockland Lodge 2176 of the Sons of Italy will host the 10th Annual Blauvelt Sons of Italy Italian Feast and Carnival at Tappan Masonic Park Fair Grounds.
The popular event draws thousands of people from around the tri-state area during the spectacular four-day celebration of all things Italian and has been recognized as the biggest event in Rockland County.
Parking is free, and admission is $5.00 for adults and free for kids under 12. “The Sons of Italy Rockland Lodge 2176 Italian Feast has become one of the most anticipated events in the tri-state area. Our Lodge brothers and volunteers spend hundreds of hours before and during the feast to ensure that everyone has a great time whether they are on the rides, shopping, eating or enjoying the amazing entertainment line-up every year.
We encourage everyone to come out this year and enjoy our little slice of Italy!” stated Jerry Verdicchio, president of the Rockland Lodge 2176.
FOOD: The Feast features an amazing array of Italian food, everything from sausage and peppers to brick oven pizza made right on site, to a huge variety of pasta dishes and Italian desserts and pastries including zeppoles, cannoli’s, sfogliatella and Italian ices. Beer and wine are available each day.
RIDES AND GAMES: The carnival area has rides and games for all ages including fishing and ring toss type games for the younger ones to more challenging games of skill for older attendees. Thrill seekers will also find more exciting rides at the Italian Feast. Carnival bracelets which offer a discount are available
Thursday only: For adults over 21, the Italian Feast features a casino with tables for blackjack and poker as well as wheels of chance.
SHOPPING: Numerous vendors will be on site selling everything from jewelry and home goods to hand-made artwork and Italian-themed clothing and souvenirs.
NATIONAL AND LOCAL ENTERTAINMENT: The four-day Festival is a showcase of live entertainment. The schedule changes right up until the week of the Feast and updates can be found on the Sons of Italy Facebook page.
- Albany Riverfront Jazz Festival
- Jennings Landing, Albany, NY
- A wealth of jazz greats, critically acclaimed up-and-coming artists and local favorites at the area’s most spectacular venues. This all-day concert features world-class music, vendors, great food & beverages.
The Jazz Festival is an event for all ages- and admission is still free!
Special ground rules in effect: No glass containers of any kind, recording of performances, animals or pets (excluding ADA-defined service animals). All City of Albany parks are now tobacco-free. Security personnel reserve the right to inspect any bag, container or package and confiscate any prohibited or illegal items. Any type of recording of the performance or presentation is prohibited without prior written consent.
All attendees should be prepared to present age identification at any time if they intend to consume alcohol. Ground rules are subject to change without notice; exceptions made for medical or child care reasons may be addressed individually.
- NY Metro Reptile Expo
- Westchester County Center - 198 Central Ave, White Plains, NY 10606
- More than 150 Reptile Breeders will have thousands of live pet reptiles, amphibians, and arachnids on display and for sale at discounted prices.
Vendors will also be selling a huge selection of cages, racks, frozen rodents, feeder bugs, and many other reptile-related items. Breeders and vendors will have thousands of live pet reptiles, amphibians, and arachnids on display and for sale at discounted prices.
- Catskill Mountain Thunder Motorcycle Festival
- 348 Sunside Road, East Durham, NY 12423
- Catskill Mountain Thunder is a motorcycle festival like no other. It is held at a beautiful resort nestled in the Northern Catskill Mountains.
Catskill Mountain Thunder features a huge vendor expo with at least 60 vendors every year. Also During the 3-day festival there will be stunt shows with MX professionals, The Wall of Death and live music all day long. Enjoy rodeo games such as weenie bite, slow race, potato-in-a haystack, one-legged boot race, etc., seminars on antique bike restoration, bike shows with $1,000 in cash prizes, Bike Build-Off with celebrity bike builders, Airbrush Contest, Food available in multiple locations.
Catskill Mountain Thunder Motorcycle Festival has 2 huge concerts on Friday and Saturday night – this year the Blue Oyster Cult and Kashmir are the headliners. While we also have live bands in the bar, on the front lawn, and out in the beer garden. Along with live bands we of course have a whole host of bike builders, including Ron Finch. Plus motorcross races, SPAGHETTI WRESTLING, “Wall of Death”, a phenomenal fireworks show & much, much more!
- Capital Region Apple & Wine Festival
- 129 Grand Street , Altamont, New York 12110
- The Capital Region Apple & Wine Festival features major New York State wineries and cooking demonstrations along with a car show and plenty of family fun.
Children’s Activities: Haunted house, face painting, pumpkin painting, clowns, bounces & slides, kids-on-the-go fitness center, pony rides by Dream Ponies and Zoo from Noon – 4 pm both days and so much more.
There will be a juried craft show with exhibitors showing and selling handmade crafts of all kinds. The Car Show will have two show car classes (1980 and older/1980 and newer) with trophies for top 10 show cars in each class and awards given for best Bikes.
Capital Region Apple & Wine Festival ultimate in wine tasting events. General Admission: $9 at the gate Children under 15 FREE when accompanied by an adult.
- Annual Fall Festival In Corwall, NY
- Main Street, Cornwall, NY
- Annual Fall Festival – Sunday, September 20, 2020 on Main Street – Cornwall NY. RAIN OR SHINE. Bring your family to Main Street in Cornwall and enjoy the fun!
• Food • 2 stages of Live Entertainment • Vendors • Train Rides • Hay Maze • Animals • Pony Rides and much much more!
- Hudson Valley Garlic Festival
- Cantine Field - Saugerties, New York 12477
- The Hudson Valley Garlic Festival is a two day celebration of garlic that includes plenty of food, music, chefs, garlic marketplace, garlic farmers, craft area, children’s area, family fun, and the great taste and aromas of garlic everywhere.
The Hudson Valley Garlic Festival is held at Cantine Field: Washington Avenue Extension Saugerties, New York 12477
For Children: Members of the Saugerties Key Club and Saugerties Boys and Girls Club will assist children with pumpkin decorating and other fun activities at the Children’s Craft Tent. They will be supported by volunteers from the community. Additionally, members of the Saugerties Teachers Association will display their talents at face painting.
For older children, for a nominal fee, The Hudson Valley Garlic Festival will have the following available: A Climbing Wall, from Climb Time, Inc. This is one of the first portable rock climbing walls in upstate, NY. It provides an easy, fun and safe way to experience the excitement and challenge of rock climbing. The wall stands 24 feet high and provides 4 different climbing routes, of varying difficulty. It is appropriate for climbers from 3 to 81 years old. The wall provides dual, built-in safety measures to automatically lower the climbers slowly and safely to the ground.
- Honeybee Fest In Narrowsburg, NY
- Main Street, Narrowsburg, NY
- The Narrowsburg Honeybee Fest is a family-friendly event that kicks off with a parade and will have ongoing festivities throughout the day to celebrate the honeybee.
The festival organizers are looking for people and groups to join the parade. After the parade, Main Street will be lined with vendors displaying and selling bee and honey related wares.
Other events include a bee expert panel discussion, workshops, honey tasting and a high tea.
Anyone can participate in the parade and it is free to join. There will be Art and theater troupes, dancers, youth clubs, classic car clubs and more are encouraged to join. Floats and marchers should adhere to a bee-related theme.
The festival is focused on promoting education around the honeybee and the important work that it does for the environment.
- Rock The Ridge 50-Mile Challenge
- Mohonk Preserve, New Paltz, NY 12561
- Rock The Ridge is a 50-mile endurance challenge... Set in the natural beauty of the Shawangunk Mountains of New York’s Hudson Valley, an area described as “one of Earth’s last great places,” the goal is to run or hike a 50-mile course within 18 hours.
What better way to spend a day than winding along well-maintained carriage roads, through lush forests and over ridgelines with magnificent vistas.
Rock The Ridge supports a great cause... This event supports Mohonk Preserve’s mission to protect the Shawangunk Mountains region and inspire people to care for, enjoy, and explore their natural world. With over 8,000 acres of mountain ridges, forests, fields, streams, ponds, and other unique and beautiful places, Mohonk Preserve is the largest member and visitor-supported nature preserve in New York State.
- HandMade in America: Artisans Along Main Street
- Main Street, Valatie, NY
- HandMade in America: Artisans Along Main Street takes place along Main Street in Valatie, NY. Enjoy autumn’s dazzling effect on the village. Inhale the moment, meet the artisans, and listen to live music! Grab the opportunity to stock up for your holiday pantry and gifting—and don’t forget yourself! Stay in the village for lunch with our Artisan Food Vendors and cafés along Main Street and Route 9.
Snap some pictures of our fabulous waterfalls, and shop at the eclectic mix of stores in our charming and historic village.
There will be live music on Main Street, and over 40 local and regional artisans will display and sell their works at the festival, featuring delicious artisan cheeses, breads, condiments, and other hot and cold foods and artisanal beverages; ceramics, botanical and handmade soaps, fabric and textile objects, silver and handcrafted jewelry, exquisite handmade objects, and other distinctive goods.
Maps will be available in most Main Street businesses and with the artisans. Parking will be well-marked. Restroom facilities will be available. Free and open to the public.
- Saratoga Brewfest
- Saratoga County Fairgrounds 162 Prospect St Ballston Spa, NY 12866
- The Saratoga Brewfest is returning for the biggest and best Brewfest yet! Make your way to the winner’s circle as you race through the best selection of craft beers you’ve ever seen in Saratoga. With more than 160 craft beers from 80+ breweries available to sample, there’s no telling which brew will be the frontrunner.
Whether you pony up to the Paddock as a VIP or join us for general admission, we’ve planned the perfect trifecta of amazing beer, great live music & delicious local food for the best day ever. No need to place any bets – it’s going to be a perfectly crafted experience across the board. So grab your tickets today because post time will be here before you know it!
Nothing goes down smoother with craft beer than great food! We’re busy curating some of the area’s favorite local food options to keep your munchies satisfied. Find a friend and partake in a bit of friendly competition over a game of Kan Jam, Ladder Golf, Corn Hole, Crown Hole (a cross between corn hole quarters) or Beer Pong! Don’t say we didn’t warn ya’, but luckily for those who lose, the drinks are already paid for.
Live music and craft beer go together like hops and barley, which is why we’re excited to announce Radio Junkies will be playing throughout the festival. Rock out with these local favorites while sipping brews from across the nation. Parking is free. Designated Driver tickets are $10 and are available at the door only. If the event sells out in advance, DD tickets will still be available at the door. Must be 21 years or older, no children can attend. No outside food or beverage – BUT, pretzel necklaces are encouraged. Event is rain or shine.
- PumpkinFest In Pine Island
- Pine Island Town Park, Pine Island, NY
- The Pine Island Chamber organizes and hosts a pumpkin festival every fall with a fun-filled afternoon of activities for adults and children of all ages! Held annually on Columbus Day, Pumpkinfest is a great way to celebrate the local harvest of pumpkins and spend the day outdoors enjoying the warm sunshine and crisp fall air. Plus, there’s plenty to do! The day features a children’s bouncy house, pumpkin painting for all, activities including touch-a-tractor, and refreshments.
- Fall for Art Juried Art Show & Sale
- The Chateau | 240 Boulevard, Kingston, NY
- Fall for Art is a juried art show, sale and cocktail reception that features more than 25 of the Hudson Valley’s most gifted artists.
This popular annual event, hosted by the Jewish Federation of Ulster County, supports regional not-for-profit organizations including the Hudson Valley Food Bank, Family of Woodstock, CASA, People’s Place, Angel Food East, and Jewish Family Services.
Each year a special recipient is chosen to select artwork from the show to enhance their facility. What also makes this event so special is the opportunity for art lovers and supporters to meet personally with the professional artists and learn first-hand about their creations.
- Holiday Craft Fair In Poughkeepsie, NY
- 53 Pendell Road, Poughkeepsie, New York 12601
- The Holiday Craft Fair has become a much-anticipated event as it allows people to get a head start on their holiday shopping by purchasing one-of-a-kind gifts for friends and family.
Invited participants include some of the favorite artists from our previous craft fairs, along with new artists. The juried fair features works from artists who hand-craft their own items. Some of the pieces are considered fine art. Additionally, there are many specialty food vendors. It is a perfect way to spend the holiday weekend.
The DCC Foundation Annual Craft Fair gives you the opportunity to find items that you can’t find anywhere else. There is always something for everyone. All proceeds go to providing deserving students with scholarships.
- Sinterklaas Send-Off An Old Hudson Valley Tradition
- Waterfront Park, Kingston, NY
- Kingston’s Sinterklaas is a non-denominational and intercultural holiday tradition that unifies the neighborhoods of the city through creativity–mixing history, fable and fantasy to inspire imaginations and participation of all ages. We will be showcasing a variety of artists and makers from our community to celebrate the wonderfully rich maritime and immigrant history of the Rondout.
Sinterklaas departs from the historic Kingston Waterfront (aka “Spain”) after a full day of open houses, musical performances, workshops creating beautiful crowns and branches, and a Children’s Maritime Parade down Broadway, with stars and puppets galore. Kingston sends off Sinterklaas and his white horse on a tugboat across the river to his destination there. The send off will culminate with a shadow puppet show celebrating Kingston’s folklore maritime history and plenty of specials at all of the local restaurants.
Free activities for the whole family will begin at noon and the parade will take place at dusk along Broadway in the Rondout.
- WinterWalk & Winter Parade In Valatie, NY
- Main Street, Valatie, NY
- Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus accompanied by our Winter Parade will ring in festivities throughout the village. Shop at our stores, sample holiday food and enjoy live music and entertainment until 9 pm.
WinterWalk, sponsored by the Village of Valatie, the Valatie Santa Claus Club, and the Valatie Economic Redevelopment Association (V.E.R.A.) begins with a Winter Parade at 5pm. There will be sales at local stores, holiday treats, artisans, Kettle Korn, raffles, live music, dancers, entertainment and more.
- Ice Harvest Festival In Meredith, NY
- 51 County Highway 12, East Meredith, NY 13757
- Each year on the first Saturday of February, Hanford Mills Museum celebrates this rural tradition with the Ice Harvest Festival. Using historic tools and techniques, visitors can cut and maneuver blocks of ice from the Mill Pond, and then transport the blocks to the ice house by sled.
Food, demonstrations, bonfires, and vendors round out a day of hands-on history and winter fun.
There will be a Hot Soup Buffet, Food Trucks, and Local Farmers and Businesses. The ice we harvest will be used to make ice cream at the Hanford Mills Museum Independence Day Celebration.