Musical Munchkins offer you and your child an unforgettable experience of joyous music, laughter, fun, learning, and friends. Offering you and your child live music with guitar, high quality instruments, singing and dancing with fun props and puppets that will have your child singing, dancing and tapping to the beat, while learning so much and having the time of their lives.
Musical Munchkins always offers opportunities for participation and the children are encouraged, never forced. Since the program is so well suited to each developmental stage, most children are ready for the activities presented to them, and they are quite proud of their accomplishments.
Why Choose Musical Munchkins
- The most important ingredient in our classes is FUN! Your child will get their first introduction to music, and they will leave Musical Munchkins with a great ear for different rhythmic and melodic sounds and of course, they’ll be joyfully singing.
- Your child will learn how to keep a beat, enhance their sense of rhythm, pitch, meter and melody – thereby honing speech, language, listening and focusing skills!
- Our curriculum is composed of songs and activities from the finest music educators and performers of our time. Besides our own wonderful Musical Munchkins repertorie, your children will be exposed to songs and activities from such legends as Laurie Berkner, Lynn Kleiner, Jackie Silberg, Raffi, Ella Jenkins, and Bob Messano.
- Your children will learn important social interaction skills such as sharing, taking turns, and how to be part of a group.
- Our classes include a variety of musical experiences: such as singing, chanting, movement, dancing, song stories, books, plus high quality instruments, such as gathering drums, lollipop drums, shakers, triangles, woods, ethnic instruments, tambourines, xylophones, as well as movement props and puppets to encourage active participation.
- All of our teachers are educators and musicians and have many years experience working with young children.
- Musical activities are enhanced with the accompaniment of live music with guitar as well as a variety of recorded music selections: classical, jazz, world music and much more!
- Our classes are age appropriate: As music and early childhood teachers, we know that children learn best in an environment that nurtures and challenges them. This is best accomplished in a class that is geared specifically for their age level. As children mature from babies to Kindergarten age, the developmental changes are incredible, and our curriculum “grows” with them from semester to semester. Musical Munchkins students find it easy to stay focused for an entire class, 45 minutes to 1 hour in length, because our curriculum is 100% age-appropriate and fun.