Van’s Vietnamese Restaurant serves a blend of cuisine that is the jewel of South-east Asia. The style of cooking, which has evolved over many centuries, is a wonderful blend of Chinese and Asian spices, flavors and techniques, fused with the ingredients and traditions of classic French food. The result is a wealth of uniquely flavored, mouthwatering dishes that almost no other country can claim.
Vietnamese cuisine does share features with that of its near neighbor, particularly in the use of coconut, coconut milk and herbs and spices. The Cambodia’s distinctive if lesser-known style of cooking, which reveals the influence of India, Thailand and China as well as France also influences the southern Vietnamese cuisine.
Need a party platter? We now do party platters on any of our served appetizers.
Selections From The Van’s Vietnamese Restaurant Menu:
- Goi Cuon (Fresh Summer Rolls) – Mint, lettuce, cucumber, rice vermicelli wrapped in rice paper served with dipping sauce and your choice of thit (pork), tom (shrimp), or dau khuon (tofu). Nouc mam sauce for the pork, peanut sauce for the shrimp, and our house vegetarian sauce for the tofu rolls.
- Canh Ga Tom Chien (Fried Stuffed Chicken Wings) – Boneless chicken wings stuffed with minced crabmeat and shrimp served with nuoc mam sauce
- Goi Ga Xe Phay (Chicken Salad) – Tossed shredded chicken, cabbage, basil, carrots, scallions, and crushed peanuts served with nuoc mam sauce
- Goi Dau Khuon (Tofu Salad) – Sliced fried tofu, cabbage, basil, carrots, scallions, and crushed peanuts served with nuoc mam chay sauce (vegetarian sauce)
- Hu Tieu Do Bien (Seafood noodle soup) – A delightful combination of shrimp, fish fry, crab sticks and mussels
- Com Suon Bo Nuong (Grilled Sliced Short Rib Steak) – Served with rice, scallions, vegetables and nuoc mam sauce
- Van’s Barbecue Grilled Chicken – Grilled chicken basted with Van’s own barbecue sauce served with vegetables
- Van’s Com 3 Mau (Van’s Special Three Delight) – Grilled sliced beef, jumbo shrimp, and pork chop served with vegetables and nuoc mam sauce
- Com Ga Xao Xa Ot (Sautéed Spicy Chicken) – Sautéed with lemongrass, green pepper, onion, and sriracha sauce
- Do Bien Xao Xa Ot (Sautéed Spicy Seafood: Shrimp, Scallops and Mussels) – Sautéed with lemongrass, bell peppers, onion, and sriracha sauce
- Tom (Shrimp) – Sautéed potato, onions, simmered in a light coconut milk curry sauce
- Van’s Bun 3 Mau (Van’s Special Three Delight, Grilled Pork and Shrimp, Fried Spring Rolls
- Bun Cari Do Bien (Yellow Seafood Curry over Broad Rice noodles) – Sautéed shrimp, scallop, mussel, lemongrass, and coconut curry sauce served over broad rice noodles
- Banh Tam Do Bien (Seafood over Broad Rice Noodles) – Sautéed shrimp, scallop, with a mix of light coconut curry milk and nuoc mam sauce, served over a bed of broad rice noodles, shredded lettuce, cucumber, and mint
- Dau Khuon Vala Chien Nuong Vi (Grilled Tofu Steak) – Grilled lemongrass marinated tofu, asparagus, vegetables, topped with a spicy bean curd sauce, served with steamed rice
- Banh Hoi Dau Khoun (Sautéed Tofu and Thin Vermicelli) – Sautéed sliced tofu and onion, served with thin vermicelli, rice paper wraps, vegetables, nuoc mam chay (vegetarian dipping sauce) , topped with shredded carrots and crushed peanuts