Ruby Mae Soul Food Restaurant features ALL of the Southern classics from Virginia to North and South Carolina; all the way to Georgia, Texas, and New Orleans.
We’re bringing a taste of Southern Comforted right here to Kingston NY. We put a twisted to “Soul Food” without using fatty, greasy ingredients, but keeping our food fresh locally grown and farmed. We love to create and change our menu based on the seasons, but maintaining the ‘favorites’ as top priority.
Customers can have complete confidence and peace of mind knowing that our services meet the highest standards. We continually strive to improve our atmosphere, menu, food and customer service requirements.
This restaurant is named after two of the most loving people in the world; My grandmothers: Ruby Thompson and Julia Mae Green. Both women born in the South taught me the history of Soul Food. Soul Food is not an ordinary meal, but a meal prepared with history, passion, and love which is passed on to the next generation.
Selections From The Ruby Mae Soul Food Restaurant Menu:
- CHICKEN & WAFFLE – Homemade waffle batter with three juicy house wings fried golden brown served with warm maple syrup.
- SHRIMP & GRITS – Eight jumbo shrimps pan-seared shrimp served on top of warm creamy grits with diced green peppers and a bacon crumbles.
- CATFISH PO’BOY – Catfish blackened or fried served on a roll with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and house soul sauce.
- CHICKEN SANDWICH – Juicy fried or grilled chicken breast served on a roll with lettuce, tomatoes, and house sauce.
- SHRIMP PO’BOY – Shrimp blackened or fried served on a roll with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and house soul sauce.
- SMOKED BBQ RIBS DINNER – St. Louis Ribs in-house smoked low & slow slabs.
- COUNTRY FRIED STEAK DINNER – Two pieces of fried golden brown cube steak served with caramelized onions, peppers, and white pepper gravy.
- CHICKEN DINNER – Two-piece of chicken home-style fried to a golden brown your choice BBQ style.
- CATFISH DINNER – Four pieces of fresh catfish fried or blackened served on a bed of shredded lettuce.