Listed on the National Register of historical places, The Old Schoolhouse Inn & Restaurant is a feast for the eyes as well as the tastebuds. Our historic site located in Downsville is the perfect setting for private parties, weddings, luncheons, business meetings and more.
The Inn offers four guest rooms and a Honeymoon Suite. All of our rooms have private bathrooms, flat screen TV’s, air conditioning and free WiFi.
Whether planning a quiet, intimate affair or a lavish celebration the Schoolhouse staff will make your party one to be remembered. Our main banquet room is located on the second floor and accomodates 30 to 150 people. It features a private bar, elegant decor and lovely hardword floors.
The banquet menu is versatile, from formal sit down dinners to magnificent buffets. We will be happy to assist and recommend with all of the planning for your special day.
Selections from The Old Schoolhouse Inn & Restaurant Menu:
- CHICKEN CAPRESE – sauteed with red peppers herbs and topped with fresh mozzarella
- SCHOOLHOUSE TORNADOS – filet mignon served in mushroom burgundy sauce
- CREAMY PESTO SHRIMP & SCALLOPS – sauteed scallops & shrimp in creamy pesto sauce over pasta
- CHICKEN SUPREME – stuffed with mozzerella and topped with our mushroom supreme sauce
- STEAK THUMBITS – marinated flank steak char broiled, sliced & served with scampi sauce
- STUFFED FLOUNDER – flounder stuffed with homemade crabmeat stuffing, broiled & topped with newburg sauce
- THE SCHOOLHOUSE TEXAS LONGHORN BURGER – A 3/4 pound cheese burger with lettuce, tomato,onion and fries
- GAUCAMOLE BACON LONGHORN BURGER – Zesty guacamole buried under melted cheddar cheese, bacon and all the fixins
- PRIME SCHOOLHOUSE LONGHORN BURGER – Layered with horseradish sauteed mushrooms,cheddar cheese and crispy onion straws and all the fixins
- RODEO LONGHORN BURGER – Basted with BBQ sauce , cheddar cheese and an onion ring & served will all the fixins
Listed on the National Register of historical places, The Old Schoolhouse Inn & Restaurant is a feast for the eyes as well as the tastebuds.
Built in 1903 at a cost of $1000.00, The Old Schoolhuse was originally a Union Free School.
The school district voted to establish an academic department and classes started in the fall of 1906. In order to be admitted under the Regents of the University at least five academic students were required, a goal which was reached in June 1907. The full rank of a high school was achieved in 1910.
An authentic schoolhouse, high school was taught upstairs where the banquet facilities are now; first and second grades were taught where the bar now resides and fifth and sixth grades were held where the main dining room . Classes were held here until 1939 when everything moved to the central school.