Bashakill Vineyards is nestled in the beautiful BashaKill wetlands of New York State’s verdant Catskill Mountains and is Sullivan County’s first commercial farm winery.
We opened our tasting room doors in December 2007, and since then we have continued to make our wines by hand, in small batches, in American and French Oak barrels in our wine cave carved into the hillside. We now produce 9 different wines varying from semi-sweet Germanic styles to dry, oak-aged robust reds.
We produce two estate wines from organically grown grapes on premises: a sparkling rosé made from our Marquette grapes, called our Rambling Rose Rosé and, our naturally-sparkling estate Cayuga White grape wine called Estate White Tail, which we delicately infuse with organic lavender grown by hand on the nearby Winterton Farm.
Bashakill Vineyards is now also a farm brewery serving two styles of beers made from their custom 3 barrel brewing system. One is a full bodied stout aged in red wine barrels and the other a cream ale. Both will be served by the glass or half growler on premises.
Bashakill Vineyards Wines:
- Black Bear Reserve – Three select barrels of our Cabernet Franc that has been cave aged for two years in American and French oak
- White Tail – A white wine made from Cayuga White grapes with notes of melon and apple
- Rain Dove – Germanic style sweet wine made from Delaware grapes
- Osprey – Made from 100% Vignoles this semi-sweet wine has notes of grapefruit and honeysuckle
- Hummingbird – A fruity slightly sweet blush wine made from 100% Catawba grapes
- Blue Heron – Made from 100% Chancellor this wine has notes of cedar and tobacco. Cave aged for 18 months in American oak
- Bowfin – A blend of Noiret and Chancellor, this wine has strong notes of black pepper with a smooth finish. Cave aged for 18 months in American oak
- Wood Duck – Aged half and oak and half in steel then blended for a smooth buttery Chardonnay