The Hudson-Chatham Winery is a well-established local and tourist destination in Columbia County, voted the Capital Region’s Best Local Winery in 2011, 2012, and 2014, and Columbia County’s Best Winery in 2014 and 2015.
People come for the award-winning wines it has produced, as well as for the sunny and friendly tasting room experience, which includes outdoor seating with great views from spring through fall, and a candlelit fireplace in the winter. Since it opened, the winery has featured other locally produced gourmet items in the tasting room, including Hudson Valley artisanal cheeses, jams, sauces, and other gourmet items.
A few wine selections from Hudson-Chatham Winery:
- Rose – Our rose’ is made from Seyval Blanc grapes grown on our estate North Creek Vineyard. We use a variety of red grape skins. The wine is aged in an older French Oak barrel, with a small amount of ullage to give our rose’ a more earthy, orange tone, adding to the complexity of flavors.
- Hudson River Valley Red – Hudson River Valley Red is a blend of numerous grapes from the Hudson Valley, including: DeChaunac, Leon Millot, Baco Noir, and Chambourcin. It is a light red, perfect at room temperature or serve it chilled. It is a dry red wine, with 0% residual sugar. The wine features a fruit forward promise that delivers – plum, strawberry, and bright raspberry come across the nose first and then the palate. It is a nice, affordable blend, light in color and with a nice juicy ending, and little tannin. It’s a perfect pizza, burger, picnic red.
- Highlands Fine Ruby – Highlands Fine Ruby – Our Highland’s Fine Ruby is made from hand-picked grapes grown in the Hudson Highlands of the river valley. These grapes are made into a rich, purple wine, which we turn into a deep, dark, big port. With hints of blackberry and plum, this jammy wine has 18% alcohol.
- Leon Millot – This big, inky dark purple-red wine gives off dark plum and blackberry, maybe a hint of cassis and a slight hint of vanilla. It drinks beautifully now, but will grow better with age.
- Salmagundi Blush – Salmagundi Blush is a light, semi-sweet blush wine, made from a tossed salad of grapes. Mostly Seyval Blanc, with DeChaunac, Baco Noir, and sometimes Chambourcin. A lovely, acidic, salmon-colored wine perfect for sipping on its own, or great with BBQ, and spicy dishes such as Mexican, Thai, or Chinese cuisines.
- Seyval Blanc – This edition is made using a blend of our own estate Seyval Blanc and grapes from throughout the valley. Made in stainless steel, it is light, bright, and lemony like a Pinot Grigio or a Sauvignon Blanc. A lovely, refreshing light white. Great for sipping, but an exceptional table white ready to serve alongside fish, poultry, cheese, salads and soups.