Gus’s Tavern offers German / American cuisine with a focus on homemade food using local, seasonal and organic ingredients with plenty of passion, uncompromised service and outstanding selection.
Gus’s is a family owned German / American Restaurant serving the Hudson Valley NY for four generations. Centrally located between Newburgh, Cornwall and New Windsor Gus’s Tavern is the perfect spot to begin a special evening, host a business meeting or celebrate a special occasion.
Many of our new customers have driven by many times and didn’t realize we were a full scale restaurant, but once they had Lunch or Dinner with us they keep coming back for those home cooked meals served in a friendly atmosphere.
We are available for private parties that accommodate up to 60 people in the restaurant
Selections From The Gus’s Tavern Menu:
- Clammer Jammers: Whole Baby Clams in a wine garlic and banana pepper sauce
- Eggplant Napoleon: Crisp breaded eggplant stacked with marinated roasted red peppers and fresh mozzarella finished with basil infused olive oil and balsamic reduction
- Smoked Filet of Rainbow Trout: semi-boneless filet of smoked trout served with horseradish aioli
- Sauerbraten: German sour roast smothered in gravy served with a dumpling and red cabbage
- Goulash: Beef stew simmered in a caramelized onion gravy served with red cabbage and spätzle
- Schnitzel ala Holstein: fried breaded pork cutlet topped with sunny side up eggs, anchovies and capers with red cabbage and spätzle
- Bratwurst: Homemade German pork sausage served with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes
- Rack of Lamb: New Zealand rack of lamb encrusted with a mustard herb sauce served with mashed potato and vegetables
- Filet of Salmon: Pesto Salmon: filet of salmon with a pesto crust served with mashed potato and vegetables
- Cajun Salmon: filet of salmon with a Cajun crust served with mashed potato and vegetables
- Cucumber Martini: Muddled cucumber, Crop Organic Cucumber Vodka and St. Germaine
- Organic Cosmo: Crop Organic Meyer Lemon Vodka, Cointreau, lime juice and a splash of cranberry
- Basil Lemon Drop: Muddled basil, Crop Organic Mayer Lemon Vodka, Cointreau