Shirley’s Soulfood is a relatively new addition to the Poughkeepsie culinary scene and has rapidly gained a reputation for preparing great downhome soulfood and serving it up in plentiful portions. A soulfood restaurant in the area is long overdue. This uniquely American style of cuisine is not easy to come by in most of the Hudson Valley. Shirley’s has amply filled the void!
Chef Odessa, with 20 years of experience, presents her vision of quality downhome soulfood by using fresh local ingredients and creating menu items with attention to tradition and with loving detail. The experience makes one feel like they are at the family table.
Shirley’s is gaining a solid reputation for outstanding cuisine, great service and over the top cleanliness.
Selections From The Shirley’s Soulfood Menu:
- Hush Puppies – Fluffy deep fried hush puppies with a spicy honey butter dipping sauce.
- Wings – Crispy fried wings with choice of sauce and fries.
- Mac and Cheese
- Collard Greens
- Potato Salad
- Shirley’s Buttermilk Fried Chicken – 3 Pieces of Fried Chicken with Choice of 2 Sides
- Po Boy Sandwich – Fried Cajun Shrimp w/ Fries and Cole Slaw.
- Salmon – Baked or Broiled w/ Choice of 2 Sides.
- Smothered chicken – fried chicken smothered in a brown onion gravy
- Brown sugar meatloaf
- Fried fish
- Cream cheese pie – A sweet lemon zest cream cheese pie
- Banana Pudding
- Grandma’s Sweet Potato Pie