The mission of the Beekman Library is to provide town residents the library materials and services that meet their needs for lifelong learning, literacy, enrichment, and pleasure. It shall also be the goal of the library to work with the residents to fulfill their future needs regarding library services.
The Beekman Library offers ongoing programs and services for kids, teens, and adults, as well as a full calendar of scheduled activities and events.
Kids programs include:
- Kids’ Port @ your library. Fun games and great resources for kids, but hey parents there’s links for you too!
- TumbleBooks (animated, talking picture books) TumblePuzzles, and TumbleQuizzes, as well as TumbleResources for teachers.
- Hundreds of articles for middle and high school students
- New Kids eReading Room: A separate environment that just contains juvenile eBooks and downloadable audiobooks, categorized by reading level.
- New Early Literacy Site: A virtual calendar with content that changes every day, giving families with young children numerous daily activities and a story to read together.