Owls Hoot Barn is a historic 1800’s Dutch barn and complex of smaller barns which have retained their rich heritage to provide a unique atmosphere for your wedding event.
The surrounding lands are filled with beautiful wildflowers and a winding creek lined with willow trees. The barn can host up to 180 for dancing and dining. The attached pavilion offers a great cocktail hour space, ceremony site as a rain plan, and more.
Nestled in the beautiful Hudson Valley Region of the Catskill Mountains. The old farmstead lays along the base of the Kalkberg Trail, a towering cliff of limestone that served as the pathway for the old Indian trading passage up to Albany.
Owls Hoot Barn Basics
- You are allowed access to the farm starting 2.5 days prior to the date of your event (ie. WED afternoon for a SAT event)
- 8 bathrooms in the barn (2 full baths that are handicap accessible)
- Interior of the barn accommodates 180 guests as a maximum occupancy. Some clients with numbers over this amount choose the option of utilizing the barn for those interested in dancing and use the outdoor attached pavilion for dining …extended cocktail hours have become a great way to save costs, create a fun atmosphere and leave plenty of room for dancing. Smaller weddings will have greater flexibility in how they layout their tables and use of space in the barn. Summer months include central air conditioning.
- Multiple outdoor ceremony sites to choose from all along the creek and fields
- We have many decor items that are available for your use: tons of mason jars, candle style wood/metal lanterns…and chinese lanterns, lot’s of vintage ‘stuff’ like suitcases, old books, wood ‘discs’ etc … too much to list…but could easily provide all the decor to personalize your event at no additional cost. We even have an old red and white vintage 1965 Ford pickup truck great for photo opps…or for the big entrance of the bride or groom…
- Discounted and/or no fee rental items for up to 180 guests include a selection of: handmade wood farmhouse tables, wood french crossback chairs, vintage mismatched china and silver-plated flatware, a selection of glassware and mason jars, vintage wood highboy tables for cocktail hour and a selection of other outdoor ‘furniture’ ( picnic tables, wrought iron lawn furniture and weathered wooden electrical spools). We’ve collected lot’s of various vintage chairs, couches and other furniture to complete the look as you personalize the space with your pictures and other decor.
- Weather permitting we run a bonfire during the evening so guests can toast marshmallows or simply hang out by the fire.
- A 4 passenger golf cart is available on the day of the event can be used by OHB staffer to shuttle guests needing additional help moving around on the property
- Garbage removal is included.
- A ‘portion’ or selection of produce, fruit, berries, flowers…as is available and ‘in season’ and grown on the farm for your use during the days preceding your event.