At Original Pancake House, it begins with the food and a total commitment to a better process. This means using whole ingredients, preparing fresh food daily and not accepting shortcuts. As the name indicates, we offer a wide variety of pancakes, crepes and waffles, requiring a number of unique, specialty batters. To achieve the ideal taste texture and freshness, each batter is made from scratch every day using only the highest quality ingredients.
We take every aspect of food preparation into consideration. Our corned beef hash is slow-roasted for 8 hours in-house before being blended with freshly cut onions and boiled potatoes.
Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice is precisely that: fresh oranges cut and squeezed each morning by our serving staff. No water, no sugar, no preservatives – ever. Each large glass of orange juice contains a minimum of 5 freshly squeezed oranges. Our freshly cracked eggs, home prepared potatoes and hand rolled crepes are cooked to order in 93 score, AA grade clarified butter. For the butter novice, this is the highest quality product available and it is all we use.
We believe in the idea of providing world-class hospitality right here at OPH. This begins with a commitment to exceeding our guest’s expectations at every turn. Your needs should be filled before they occur to you, and with a smile. It is what we preach here and what we live by. We continually aim to improve our processes and would love to share them with you.
Selections From Original Pancake House Menu:
- Buttermilk Pancakes – A classic light and fluffy pancake from an aged sourdough buttermilk batter.
- Toasted Coconut Pancakes – Filled and topped with freshly toasted coconut and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
- Roasted Georgia Pecan Pancakes – Filled and topped with freshly toasted pecans and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
- Fresh Strawberry Pancakes – Classic Buttermilk Pancakes topped with fresh fruit, whipped cream and powdered sugar.
- Hawaiian Pancakes – Filled with fresh pineapple and dusted with powdered sugar.
- Sourdough Pancakes – From-scratch aged sourdough, sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Pumpkin Pancakes – Blended with real pumpkin & spices, topped with whipped cream and nutmeg.
- Apple Pancake – Homemade German batter oven baked with sliced Granny Smith apples, clarified butter, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Swedish Pancakes – Plate-sized, thin and lacy – served with warm lingonberries.
- Blueberry Waffle – Baked with blueberries, sprinkled with powdered sugar and served with a homemade blueberry compote.
- French Crepes – Delicate crepes filled with strawberry preserves and dusted with powdered sugar.
- Tahitian Maiden’s Dream – Delicate crepes filled with sliced bananas in tempered sour cream with cinnamon sugar, topped with diced bananas in an apricot sauce.
- Fresh Vegetarian Omelette – Fresh broccoli, mushroom, tomato and swiss cheese.
- Irish Omelette – Homemade corned beef hash and mild yellow cheddar.
- Corned Beef Hash & Eggs – Slow roasted CAB corned beef brisket ground in-house with onions, potatoes,and seasoning, cooked crisp in clarified butter.
- Minced Ham & Scrambled Eggs – Sugar cured and hickory smoked ham scrambled with four eggs.
- Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich – Thinly sliced Cure-81 Ham and over-hard eggs stuffed between two slices of grilled sourdough bread, melted cheddar, and a creamy homemade spread.
- Bacon Biscuit – A homemade grilled biscuit sandwiching two slices of thick-cut bacon, scrambled eggs, extra sharp white cheddar and a layer of bacon jam (just for fun).