Frank Guido’s Port of Call is positioned along the shore of Catskill Creek and has become a magnet for patrons to watch the boaters by day and the stars by night. Each spring, Port of Call opens for the season, welcoming back diners anxious to shed winter cabin fever. As spring transitions to summer, the good times turn to great ones as milestones like birthdays and anniversaries are marked in nautical fashion, often with a buxom lobster on the table.
The Port opened in 2009 at the site of the former Mariner’s Point in Catskill. The restaurant not only offered unparalleled waterfront views but the Guido family’s signature seafood specialties served in portly portions. It didn’t take long for word to spread about Port of Call and the family behind it. Frank Guido, his son, Mark, cousin, Sal, and son-in-law, Carmine, are legendary in New York for their commitment to quality food and exceptional customer service.
The Catskill restaurant is locally famous for a weekly Lobster Bake, raw bar, craft cocktails and littleneck steamed clams. Couple that with waterfront views, and you’ve got a premiere destination for boaters and visitors.
Selections From The Frank Guido’s Port of Call Menu:
- Baked Clams Oreganto – tender clams with Italian seasonings & bread crumbs
- Maryland Crab Cakes – with roasted red pepper aioli
- Shrimp Fresca – broiled shrimp scampi style with pecorino romano, broccoli & fresh tomatoes tossed in roasted garlic oil with linguini
- Pan Seared Sea Scallops – with rosemary infused olive oil served with rice blend | (gf)
- Brazilian 6 oz Lobster Tails – served with rice blend
- Grilled Salmon – wild caught with balsamic glaze, served with rice blend
- Pan Blackened Sole – with mango salsa served with rice blend
- Grilled Chicken & Avocado – grilled chicken, fresh basil, lettuce, smoked bacon, avocado spread with cilantro lime aioli on a brioche roll
- Mariner’s Delight – shrimp, scallops, clams oreganata & crabmeat stuffed sole, oven broiled served with rice blend
- Lobster Bake -Tuesday, Thursday & Friday – 1¼ lb. Lobster (or sliced steak for land lovers). Served with shrimp, clams, mussels, corn on the cob & potato.