Limoncello at the Orange Inn in Goshen NY was opened by brothers Luigi and Victor Kapiti in August of 2006. With almost 3 decades in the restaurant industry under their belts, the Kapitis’ decided to transform what was once a rundown restaurant and inn. The Orange Inn was a Goshen Landmark, dating back to 1790. Many historical figures were guests at the inn, especially from the Revolutionary war era. The inn’s distinguished guests ranged from George Washington to James Cagney.
During the Civil War, the Orange Inn was used as a haven for escaped slaves. The building itself is built on the foundation of an old prison. Located across the street from Goshen’s historic race track, many people would come to the inn (especially the bar within the inn) after races. Over the years, and changing of hands, by the early 2000s, the inn was no longer what it once was. The Kapiti brothers revamped the inn, and created Limoncello at the Orange Inn to feel more like you are inside a Northern Italian home.
Catering and Events:
For your on-site needs, Limoncello at the Orange Inn has a number of rooms available for your use. The intimate Fireplace Room is a fantastic gathering spot for parties up to 50 people. The family-sized table is perfect for congratulatory brunch or dinner and features a dedicated staff to care for all your needs. The Piano Room frequently hosts parties up to 110 people, or less and has space for a DJ, or dance floor. The Crystal Room is perfect for a smaller private gathering. Suited for up to groups of 60, its perfect location within the restaurant, as well as the sun streaming in from the front bay window, make this room the perfect location for private parties under 60 people.
Images from Limoncello at the Orange Inn
Click for large image:
Some selections from the Limoncello at the Orange Inn Menu:
- Eggplant Rollatini: Sliced eggplant rolled with ricotta topped with tomato sauce and mozzarella
- Roasted Beet Salad: Red and yellow beets, goat cheese, pistachios, a vanilla & fresh mint vinaigrette
- Grilled Vegetable Panini: Grilled Portobella, Eggplant, Roasted red peppers, Fresh Mozzarella, and mixed greens topped with balsamic syrup
- Steak Tips: Grilled served on Italian toast with roasted red peppers and balsamic syrup
- Linguine & Lamb Bolognese: Linguine topped with a rich meat sauce of ground lamb, tomatoes, aromatics, red wine poached shallots, & feta
- Amarena Duck Breast: Oven roasted Long Island duck breast with parsnip puree, farro, asparagus, and an Amarena cherry-port reduction
- Sirloin Fiorentina: Grilled black angus, brushed with rosemary & extra virgin olive oil, served with wilted spinach & tuscan home fries