Baked by Susan opened in the fall of 2010 in Croton-on-Hudson in the heart of the upper village in a glass-fronted store where the baking takes place in full view.
The bakery uses mostly vintage bakery equipment. From their gigantic oven, antique mixer, retro stove top and glass front display cases, these items are not just nice to look at but have been brought back to life and are the focal point of the bakery.
All baked goods are made from scratch using all natural, local ingredients, and fruit in season with no preservatives. From cakes to cupcakes, muffins to scones, brownies to blondies, pies to tarts, sweet breads to savory breads, cookies to biscotti, each is expertly made fresh daily, batch by batch.
Selections From The Baked by Susan Menu
- Challah – yummy eaten right out of the bag! Available Friday, Saturday and Sunday – makes great French toast (if there’s any left!)
- Honey Oat – whole wheat flour, rolled oats, unbleached flour with a touch of honey
- Irish Soda Bread – available for the entire month of March and whenever we have a craving for it! Can be ordered any time of year!
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread – This bread is heavenly! Available Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Carrot Cake – Carrot Cake iced with Cream Cheese icing
- Cheesecake 9″ – Made with our own Gingersnap crust. Can be made without a crust for a gluten free cake
- Chocolate Caramel Delight – Two layers of Chocolate Cake and Caramel Buttercream
- Pretty in Pink – A double layer of Chocolate Cake filled with a thin layer of Chocolate Ganache and filled and iced with fresh Raspberry Buttercream
- Strawberry Shortcake – Vanilla cake, filled and iced with fresh whipped cream and fresh strawberries
- Black-Eyed Susan – Vanilla cupcake filled with Chocolate Ganache and iced in vanilla icing
- Boston Cream – Vanilla cupcake, filled with pastry cream and dipped in Chocolate Ganache
- Chocolate Caramel Delight – Chocolate cake with Caramel Buttercream
- Almond joy – chocolate cupcake with homemade almond joy dipped in chocolate
- Gluten Free/vegan Vanilla or Chocolate (You’d never know the difference!)