Nine Pin Cider Works crafts its award winning New York Hard Cider from farm to glass to ensure that their high standards are always met.
The process begins just outside of Albany, where they work with the best local apple growers to achieve just the right blend of apples. Nine Pin Cider Works also use unique apples grown from seed on their family farm. The special blend is the building block for Nine Pin’s crisp, refreshing taste.
The apples are pressed at the orchard and the juice transported to their cidery in the heart of Albany. At the cidery, the fresh pressed juice undergoes Nine Pin Cider Works signature fermenting and aging process. Once the cider has been aged to standards, it is packaged into kegs and bottles and then poured into your glass.
Some Nine Pin Cider Works products:
- Nine Pin Signature Blend: This is our flagship product using a blend of apples from Samascott Orchards. It is an off dry sparkling cider with a crisp, bold, and refreshing taste.
- Blueberry: This is a blend of apples co-fermented with blueberries from Indian Ladder Farms. It has a dry, complex, and integrated flavor and is rose in color.
- Fruit of the Forest :This cider is a blended sour cherry and sumac berry co-fermentation. Sour cherries were grown by Samascott Orchard and the sumac was harvested from wild trees growing along the back roads of Columbia County.
- Hunny Pear: A distinguished blend of New York Pears aged with honey and a touch of cinnamon. This New World perry cider evokes the flavors of autumn with a spicy, comforting nose.
- Dry-Oaked: A blend of heirloom apples including Golden Russet, Northern Spy, Winesap and others grown by Lindsey’s Orchard in Rexford, NY. A realization of traditional American cider-making, Dry-Oaked offers a lively sparkle which dances on your palette and delivers a dry, barrel flavor.
- Jonathan: A juicy New York apple which originates Ulster County. These heirloom apples create a sprightly flavor.