Founded in 2013 by Matthew Spaccarelli and Casey Erdmann, Fjord Vineyards strives to craft wines that reflect where they are grown. For the better part of a decade, Matthew has been sustainably growing world class wines here in his native Hudson Valley.
Flanked by Storm King Mountain to the west and Mt. Beacon to the east the Hudson River flows through one of the oldest Fjords in North America. Acting as a gateway to the Hudson Highlands, this geological wonder helps create the unique micro climate that allows us to grow high quality wines here in the valley.
Fjord Vineyards Wines
- ’15 Albarino – Our inaugural vintage of Albarino brings forward aromas of Marzipan honeysuckle and fresh pressed apple. The pallet is crisp and full with flavors of gala apple, almond and honey.
- ’14 Dry Riesling – Firm strikes of lime, lemon and crushed mineral contrast buoyant peach and even guava notes in this bright, fruity Riesling. Dry in style, it finishes refreshingly crisp with just a hint of lingering bramble. – 89 Points Wine Enthusiast.
- ’14 Sauvignon Blanc – This medium bodied Sauvignon Blanc straddles a fine line between Fruity and Herbal. Hints of goose berry and lemon grass are balanced by aromas of grapefruit and lemon blossoms. On the pallet flavors of passion fruit and citrus are met with bright acidity.
- ’14 Chardonnay – Our 2014 Chardonnay brings forward aromas of tropical fruit hazelnut and vanilla. Aged 8 months on the lees, the pallet is creamy and dense yet lively and vibrant.
- ’14 Cabernet Franc – On the nose, lilac and violet aromas meld seamlessly with notes of blackberry preserve and baking spice. Persistent flavors of raspberry and Cocoa, and cassis are framed by soft tannins and lively acidity.
- ’15 Chardonnay Ice – Concentrated aromas of fresh fig and dried apricot are on the forefront of this intense yet refined desert wine. Dense flavors of dried figs and wild flower honey ride on a backbone of vibrant acidity and delicate sweetness.