Located in Red Hook, NY, Rose Hill Farm is a historic family owned Pick Your Own fruit orchard established in 1798. We grow cherries, blueberries, peaches, apples and pumpkins. Whether a tradition or a first-time visit, we look forward to seeing you at the farm and sharing our beautiful and peaceful slice of the Hudson Valley.
Peter Fraleigh purchased this land in 1798 and established Rose Hill Farm in 1812. Six generations proceeded him and in 2001, the New York State Agricultural Society honored Rose Hill Farm and then owners Dave and Karen Fraleigh, as the only fruit orchard among the state’s ten Bicentennial Family Farms.
Images from Rose Hill Farm:
Annual Ripening Schedule:
- MID TO LATE JUNE – EARLY JULY: SEVERAL VARIETIES OF SWEET AND TART CHERRIES.
- JULY – AUGUST: SEVERAL VARIETIES OF BLUEBERRIES.
- AUGUST: (TYPICALLY WE HAVE PEACHES, PLUMS, PRUNES AND APRICOTS BUT THE APRIL COLD SPELL DAMAGED THE MAJORITY OF STONE FRUIT IN THE HUDSON VALLEY).
- LATE AUGUST: GINGERGOLD AND PAULA RED APPLES
- EARLY SEPT: HONEYCRISP, GALA, MACINTOSH, JONAMAC, SPARTAN
- MID SEPT: HONEYCRISP, GALA, MACINTOSH, JONAMAC, SPARTAN, EMPIRE, JONAGOLD, CORTLAND, FUJI
- LATE SEPT: GALA, JONAGOLD, EMPIRE, RED DELICIOUS, SHIZUKA, TWENTY OZ
- EARLY OCT: EMPIRE, RED DELICIOUS, MACOUN, SHIZUKA, GOLDEN DELICIOUS, MUTSU, NY 428
- MID OCT: MUTSU, GOLDEN DELICIOUS, CAMEO, ROME, FORTUNE, NORTHERN SPY
- LATE OCT: FUJI, ROME, GRANNYSMITH, GOLD RUSH, LADY APPLE