Hudson Valley NY Chapter of the American Sewing Guild welcomes any person interested in sewing, whether they are a seasoned professional or just beginning. Our member interests are varied and include but are not exclusive to garment construction, fashion sewing, quilting, home decor, and community service projects.
The membership borders extend from New York City to Albany (south to north), and the Connecticut border to Pennsylvania border (east to west). The American Sewing Guild (ASG) is a national non-profit organization of home sewing enthusiasts. Its’ purpose is to provide information, education and programs for members and the community.
Aside from regularly scheduled meetings and events, the Chapter conducts a number of regularly scheduled programs. Here are a few:
- GARMENT GALS – garment construction methods & assistance
- CHARITY CHICS – community service projects
- THE QUILT RULERS – bring your own project
- SEW MANY PIECES – paper piecing methods of quilting
- SEW HIP – fun garment & accessory projects
- SEW-PHISTI-CUTS – varied projects shared by/with group members
- OC STITCH-ITS – embroidery machine enthusiasts (west of the Hudson River)
- CRAFTY STITCHERS – group chooses/teaches various projects
- THREAD PAINTERS- embroidery machine enthusiasts
- SEW DO IT – home dec projects & techniques
- TEACH ANOTHER GENERATION (TAG) – teaching teens to sew