Masala Kraft Restaurant is a speciality Indian cafe that prepares snacks, dosas, sandwiches and royal Indian platters from various regions of India reminding us of a Bombay bistro.
Jasumati Vaghji Chef / Owner has perfected the recipes and offered her love of cooking on a plate for all to savor. She has created a cozy little place in Hartsdale that is comforting, clean and fast. She is a philanthropist who is involved with various community organizations.
The menu has a number of gluten free and vegan options that have grown in popularity since she took over the restaurant. The team is constantly re-inventing the menu to keep up with the emerging health trends and to cater to a diverse population.
Selections From The Masala Kraft Restaurant
- Bhel – Puffed rice, crunchy puri, sev, cilantro, and sweet chutney. VGFSamosa Chaat – Crushed samosa, yogurt (optional), lentil, cilantro, and sweet chutney.
- Mixed Pakora – Vegetable fritters, onions, spinach, cabbage, and cauliflower. VGF
- Lasooni Gobi – Cauliflower tossed with garlic, tomato, and cilantro. VGF
- Dahi Vada – Lentil rounds served with yogurt, cilantro, and sweet chutney. GF
- Masala Mini Idli – Steamed rice idli, stir fried vegetables with a blend of spices in coconut oil.
- Potato Vada – Fried spicy potato dumplings, cilantro, and sweet chutney. VGF
- Vegetable Biryani Thali – Vegetable biryani, aloo parantha (stuffed Indian potato flatbread), raita, dessert.
- Medu Vada – Fried lentil and rice savory doughnuts.
- Masala Kraft – Vegetable cutlet with tomatoes and onion on a rosemary focaccia bread. V
- Okra Roll – Spiced okra stir fried with onions, tomatoes, and cilantro chutney rolled up in a homemade roti.
- Paneer Kati Roll – Season paneer, onion, and cilantro chutney rolled up in a homemade roti.
- Falafel Wheat Pita – Freshly ground chickpeas, tahini, hummus, lettuce & tomatoes
- Pav Bhaji – Spiced mixture of mashed vegetable curry served with toasted bread.
- Palak and Onion Kulcha – Spiced spinach curry with flaky onion stuffed bread.