Essie’s Restaurant is an elegant yet casual dining American restaurant located in the heart of the historic Little Italy section of Poughkeepsie, NY under the direction of Executive Chef Brandon Walker a CIA graduate from Brooklyn, NY.
Chef Walker’s Modern American menu is inspired by global flavors and his family roots from the Caribbean and American South. Chef Walker uses modern cooking techniques and local seasonal ingredients when available to support the local food economy and to showcase the best ingredients that the Hudson Valley offers. The Dining room pays homage to the things of old with vintage, industrial, and reclaimed wood features to create a cozy, warm and inviting environment.
Essie’s Restaurant can take the stress away from you by planning your next event at Essie’s or at your desired venue. Whether it be a corporate or business lunch, wedding or a private gathering, we are available to accommodate you for a variety of occasions.
Selections From The Essie’s Restaurant Menu:
- Spiced Sugar Pumpkin Soup – Pumpkin seed oil, chili, chives
- Autumn Lettuces – Kale, mustard greens, watercress, cabrales, banyuls vinaigrette, radishes, pears, pecans
- Grilled Octopus – Chickpeas, fregola, olives, chorizo, chicory, preserved lemon, saffron vinaigrette
- Vegetable Coq au Vin – Delicata squash, butternut squash, onions, lima beans, lentils, black beans, mushrooms, farro
- Flat Iron Steak/Local Dry Aged Steak 16oz – Local potatoes, pearl onions, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, marsala sauce
- Hunter Style Goat Ragu – House made fettuccine, pancetta, acorn squash, cranberries, aged goat cheese