Birdie’s Batch is a mother-daughter team crafting old-fashioned treats, classic baked goods and preserves from local ingredients. The team thought if their families found comfort in their old-fashioned treats like ginger snaps, coffee cake, pumpkin bread, and mega chocolate chip cookies, perhaps others in their community would too. Thus, Birdie’s Batch was formed to whip up batches of homemade goodness to share with the community.
One of their specialties is seasonal jams made with just-picked produce that gets processed within 48 hours to make sure the essence of the fruit (and season!) is captured in the jar. When you take a bite of their treats, you not only get a sense of delight, but a sense of home, too.
Birdie’s products can be purchased online, found in a number of local farmers markets or picked up at their location.
Some Of The Birdie’s Batch Products:
- Grandma’s Apple Cake – The number one ingredient in this cake is apples, a smidge of sugar and a whole lot of cinnamon. All it needs is a dollop of whipped cream.
- Apple Butter Rugelach – As fall approaches, we make vats of apple butter just for this cookie production.
- Peach Crisp – Local peaches, a pinch of cinnamon and crumble of oats, flour and spices make this the perfect backyard barbecue dessert.
- Peach, Raspberry & Almond Crostata – This galette has a nutty layer of almond paste–a perfect pair for peaches and raspberries.
- Roasted Eggplant & Whipped Ricotta Crostata (GF available) – We roast the eggplant until tender and then shingle it inside our buttery and flaky pastry dough with whipped ricotta and parmesan cheese.
- Meyer Lemon Almond Ricotta Cake – This moist cake is perfumed with Meyer lemon juice and zest; we sell it in three sizes: mini (serves 1), medium (serves 4), and large (serves 8)!
- Strawberry Jam – Our strawberry jam is made from locally grown strawberries in upstate New York.
Ingredients: Strawberries, sugar, pectin, lemon juice.
- Quince Jelly – Quince is an ancient fruit that resembles a knobby pear. When simmered into a jelly, it reveals its sweet-tart juice and makes a sublime jelly. Quinces are hard to come by, but we’re fortunate enough to have a friendly neighbor who grows them in Rockland County–it doesn’t get more local than that!
- Cara Cara Orange Marmalade – Our classic-style orange marmalade is made with Cara Cara oranges, a pink hued, seedless orange.
View all of the Birdie’s Batch products.