Fred The Butcher carries the highest quality dry aged Prime and Certified Angus Beef in the Capital Region and over 60 handcrafted items from their own smokehouse.
Fred The Butcher offers dry aged beef that is aged right in our store! It is hung in our special cooler and meticulously cared for to age for at least 30 days where the moisture in the meat is allowed to escape. Evaporation shrinks the beef and concentrates its flavor.
Our Famous Chairman Reserve Pork is second to none! Whether it’s a roast, pork chops, or tenderloin, you just can’t get better pork anywhere! No solutions or water added! Fred wouldn’t stand for that, he only carries the best money can buy!
All of our Ham, Kielbasa, and more are smoked right in the store! We use hickory firewood to smoke our meats. including our own bacon! Why would you want anything less? It’s all the best, and made on the premises. We even make our own hot dogs and beef jerky!
If you want to grab some chow on the run, stop by the Fred’s Cafe and enjoy one of the many great creations.
Here are a few of the sandwich offerings from Fred The Butcher
- Grilled Ruben – Fred’s corned beef, barrel cured sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, homemade Russian dressing on rye
- Roast Beef Melt – Fred’s roast beef, sautéed onions, Swiss cheese, Russian dressing on rye
- Pork Po‘ Boy – Thin sliced pork loin with sauteed onions, BBQ sauce, cheddar cheese on a toasted hoagie roll
- Baby Kielbasa – Fred’s homemade baby kielbasa with sauerkraut and mustard
- The Jersey Boy – A triple decker monster with Fred’s oven roasted turkey, Fred’s corned beef, Swiss cheese, Russian dressing and coleslaw. It’s more than a mouthful.
- Butcher’s Burger – A 1/2 LB of the best feef fresh ground, cooked to perfection on a toasted hard roll with lettuce, tomato and onion.