Quaker Street Store provides quality smoked meats that are crafted using old world, time-honored recipes and only the highest quality meats and spices available.
All products are made in limited quantities to ensure freshness so please call ahead to avoid disappointment. Please call if you have a special request and we will do our best to accommodate you. We can special order just about anything!
Quaker Creek Store is as much a family as it is a business. Started in 1947 by Stanley and Irene Sobkowiak, it is has been operated by their grandson Bobby for the last 30 years. Most of the employees are members of the family so when you stop in you’ll sense a dedication to quality food and friendly, helpful service.
Behind the façade of the Quaker Creek Store, you’ll find a man practicing the art of charcuterie – a culinary specialty that is dying as the American food market is dominated by mass production and an emphasis on prolonging shelf-life. Robert “Bobby” Mateszewski is making sausages, and smoked and cured meats the old fashioned way – using the finest ingredients and home-mixed herbs and spices – just as his Polish grandfather did before him.
Selections From Quaker Street Store Homemade Products
- Smoked Kielbasy – A traditional, smoked and fully-cooked sausage, made from a combination of pork and beef, seasoned with garlic and spices.Fresh Kielbasy
- Fresh, uncooked and unsmoked sausage made from a combination of pork and beef, flavored with garlic and spices.
- Kielbaskies – Miniature, frankfurter-sized smoked kielbasy.
- Cajun Andouille – Spicy, smoked, fully-cooked pure pork sausage with onions. Most commonly used in gumbo and jambalaya dishes.
- Knackwurst – A plump, smoked and fully-cooked sausage. Made from a flavorful combination of emulsified beef and ground pork.
- Weisswurst – Traditional German sausage, poached and fully-cooked. Made from finely ground veal and mildly seasoned.
- Thuringer Bratwurst – A pure pork sausage poached and fully-cooked. One of the most commonly known Bratwurst. Made of coarse ground pork.
- Kiszka – Polish blood sausage, poached and fully-cooked. Made from a combination of pork, beef and chicken. vane be eaten cold, baked or sautéed.
- Traditional Frankfurters – Smoked and fully-cooked traditional frankfurter. A mildly seasoned combination of beef and pork in a natural casing.
- Jalapeno Cheddar Franks – Traditional frankfurters with added diced jalapeño and cheddar cheese.
- Mexican Chorizo – Fresh combination of pork and beef sausage made with Mexican seasonings. Available in bulk or links.
- Sweet Italian Sausage – Fresh link sausage made using a combination of pork and beef with Italian seasonings.
- Sobkowiak Original Sausage – Our original fresh sausage made using a combination of pork and beef with mild sweet italian seasonings, without fennel seed. Available loose or link.
- Sauteed Onion & Mashed Potato
- Potato & Sauerkraut
- Sauteed Onion & Portabello Mushroom
- Farmer’s Cheese
- Farmer’s Cheese & Mashed Potatoes