Carmen’s Café is about great Cuban and Spanish American food and drink, and interesting conversation in a friendly, informal setting.
Cuban-Spanish-American food in a bistro setting. Carmen’s Café was founded with the idea that people need an easy, attractive place to gather; fresh, tasty wholesome food at reasonable prices; and interesting art, ideas and entertainment to feed their bodies and souls.
Carmen is Cuban/Puerto Rican. She cooks the food she grew up with, what she tasted while visiting relatives and friends in Spain and on the Islands. It’s a mix of Cuban, Spanish, American and more. We cook it all fresh with healthy ingredients. We always have vegetarian options.
Images from Carmen’s Café:
Selections from the Carmen’s Café Menu:
- Cuban Eggs Eggs to order with rice, black beans, plantains and sliced avocado
- Huevos Flamenco Eggs served in a stew of chorizo, peppers, onions, and potatoes in a spicy tomato broth; served with a Portuguese roll.
- Ricardo Three egg omelet made with chorizo hash and manchego cheese; Served with plantains and toast.
- Flamenco Chorizo Stew with peppers, onions and potatoes in a spicy tomato broth; served with grilled Portuguese roll.
- Veggie Flamenco Same as regular but vegan, made with lentils; served with grilled Portuguese roll.
- Picadillo Ground beef sautéed with olives, capers, raisins and peppers; served with rice and beans and plantains.
- Empandas Meat or veggie—fried pockets filled with seasoned meat or grilled veggies.
- Cubano Sandwich – Roasted pork, ham, swiss cheese, pickle and mustard on a Portuguese roll
- Chicken BLAT Sandwich – Marinated & grilled, with bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato on a Portuguese roll.