The Putnam County Land Trust is dedicated to the protection of forests and wetlands, wildlife habitats and important water resources in and around Putnam County, New York.
We envision a healthy future for all, including access to safe drinking water, clean air and opportunities to engage with nature and one another. We envision a future where the benefits of land conservation are valued as an important part of our communities and our land is permanently protected for future generations.
- To maintain a sustainable approach to land conservation, protection and stewardship
- To be accountable for our decisions
- To strive for the highest levels of excellence in our standards and practices
- To serve and represent the organization ethically and with integrity
- To be transparent and responsible with our resources
- To effectively collaborate with one another, our members, volunteers and communities
- To continue developing strategic partnerships with organizations of similar environmental mission
Putnam County Land Trust Preserves:
PCLT Preserves cover over 1018 acres, and offer opportunities for Hiking, Biking, Fishing, Birdwatching, along with other Nature activities.