The Horse & Sulky Pub and Grill is a casual eatery in the Hudson Valley. David Dewhirst (chef/co-owner) takes great pride in the transformation of this historic landmark in beautiful Orange County.
David’s education from Johnson & Wales coupled with over 15 years of New York City restaurant exposure, has contributed greatly in developing a casual menu with reasonable prices for all to enjoy! All menu items are brought from the finest markets around and prepared fresh daily.
Selections From The Horse & Sulky Pub & Grill Menu:
- Slow cooked chili topped with cheddar cheese and sour cream served with chips.
- Nachos – Melted cheese, jalapenos, beans, black olives, seasoned beef, served with sour cream
- The Sulky Steak Salad – Thinly sliced rib-eye steak over a bed of crisp, seasonal lettuce, fresh sliced apples, cheese crostini, candied walnuts, and dried cranberries drizzled with a blue cheese dressing.
- The Italian Stallion – Homemade, fresh pulled mozzarella cheese, vine ripened tomatoes, fresh basil, lettuce, tossed in our balsamic vinaigrette.
- Grilled Chicken Wrap – With avocado, bacon, sriracha mayo
- The Hambletonian Cheeseburger – Each burger is made from 11oz. of fresh, 100% USDA Ground chuck then pan-seared to desired temperature. Topped with your choice of Swiss, cheddar or American cheese served on a toasted English muffin with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle and fries.
- Standard Bred – A generous portion of shaved rib-eye steak smothered with sauteed mushrooms, peppers and onions, topped with melted Swiss cheese. Served with hot gravy to dip and a crisp pickle.
- Trotter – Our award-winning vegetarian option! The original, meatless, Morning Star veggie burger, with grilled onions, shredded lettuce, fresh tomato, and honey mustard dressing served on an English muffin with a crisp pickle and fries.
- A Fighting Chance – Spaghetti Melanza, tender, crispy cubes of eggplant piled high on top of spaghetti tossed with sauce.
- Chicken à la Sulky – Breaded chicken breast layered with prosciutto, mushrooms, sauteed spinach, topped with mozzarella