Moonlight Cafe has been providing delicious Middle Eastern food to the New Paltz area since 1993. The friendly staff will always ensure that you have an incredible night with great food.
All dishes are made with love and fresh ingredients that can be tailored to your unique dietary needs and preferences. Let the delicious falafel and bulgur dishes bring you and your guests together and discover the incredible flavor of Middle Eastern food. Moonlight Cafe is passionate about creating fresh, new, and innovative dishes that will exceed your expectations every time.
Established in 1993, we invite all to come and enjoy our traditional Mediterranean dishes. Located in the heart of New Paltz, the Moonlight Cafe offers a variety like none other. So come and enjoy the atmosphere and expand your pallet. Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free meals are always available as well as traditional Middle Eastern classics. All of the foods are made on premises from scratch using the finest ingredients available. In addition, specialized off-catering services are available.
Selections From The Moonlight Cafe Menu:
- Supreme Falafel Wrap – Falafel, hummus, Middle Eastern eggplant, sprouts, lettuce, tomato and tahini wrapped in a tortilla, served with soup or fries.
- Incredible Eggplant Pita – Roasted eggplant, roasted red peppers, red onion, fresh mozzarella and garlic aioli in a warm pita. Served with soup or fries.
- Hummus – Pureed chickpeas with garlic, lemon and tahini served with homemade pita bread
- Babaganoush – Pureed baked eggplant with tahini sauce and special seasonings served with homemade bread
- Tabouli – Chopped parsley, tomato, onion, bulgur, lemon and olive oil served with homemade bread
- Spanikopita (Spinach Pie) – Homemade mixture of spinach, feta, and ricotta cheese baked in phyllo dough until golden and crispy
- Middle Eastern Eggplant – Sautéed, diced eggplant with onion, celery, black olives, crushed tomato, and special seasoning served with homemade bread
- Athenian Salad – Fresh greens, tomato, onion, grape leaves, cucumber, feta cheese, olives and anchovies
- Falafel Roll-Up – The ultimate falafel, hummus, feta cheese, sprouts, lettuce, tomato and tahini sauce
- Veggie Roll-Up – Veggie burger, hummus, roasted eggplant, lettuce, tomato and tahini sauce
- Moonlight Veggie Burger – With hummus, avocado, muenster, and sprouts served on a toasted kaiser roll
- Chicken Kofta Kabob Sandwich – Ground chicken with lettuce, tomato, onion and tahini sauce, served in a pita
- Beef Shawarma Sandwich – Sliced marinated beef with our special spices with lettuce, tomato, onion and tahini sauce, served in a pita
- Lamb Souvlaki Sandwich – On pita with lettuce, tomato, onion and tzatziki sauce
- Lamb Shish Kabob – 2 skewers of perfectly char-broiled marinated chunks of lamb
- Kofta Kabob – 2 skewers of char-broiled seasoned fresh ground beef
- Koshari – A popular Egyptian vegetarian combination of lentils, rice, pasta topped with a special red sauce and fried onion (delicious)
- Vegetarian Musaka – This is a really flavorful main course with eggplant, potato, lentil, mushroom, chick peas and bechamel cream sauce