Henning’s Local is a place for casual fun, and of course, fresh, delicious food in the space of the former Eldred Preserve. The emphasis is on locally grown ingredients, and flavors, both simple and complex, creating a pleasant culinary experience with beautifully presented, and generous dishes.
Henning’s Local restaurant revolves around certain key concepts like… rustic, local, comfort and home cooking. You won’t find as good a meal, for as good a price, in the area.
Norwegian chef Henning Nordanger has for a long time searched for the perfect place to showcase their love for good, honest, fresh food shared with friends. They are building relationships with local farmers, purveyors, winemakers and any other culinary artisans to ensure the best quality products available in the area. Henning’s Local restaurant is committed to contribute to the community through local purchasing and staffing.
Catering & Events
Henning’s Local offers a separate room adjacent to the main restaurant with a 200 patron capacity. Ceremony on the deck or by the ponds is possible. Hardwood floors for dancing and a huge fireplace for ambiance as well.
Selections from Henning’s Local Menu:
- WHITE ANCHOVIES IN OIL or SQUID IN OIL or TUNA VENTRESCA SERVED WITH HARD BOILED EGG, SHALLOT BUTTER & CRUSTY JIM BREAD
- ITALIAN RED DANDELION & LEAF PARSLEY CAPERS, ANCHOVY, PRESERVED LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- BUCKWHEAT BLINI WAFFLE SMOKED TROUT, MUSTARD ‘CAVIAR’, TROUT ROE, CREME FRESH
- LOCAL TROUT A’LA NORWEGIENNE SOUR CREAM, CHIVES, ROAST POTATO, ROUND TOP GREENS
- FRIED TROUT CAKE SHRIMP, SMOKED TROUT, HERBS, MILD MUSTARD SAUCEm
- LIME & HONEY GLAZED BREAST & LEF CONFIT OF LONG ISLAND DUCK FRIED QUINOA CAKES, GREENS
- HOUSE MADE BASIL PASTA ROUND TOP PESTO & BLISTERED CHERRY TOMATO
- CHATEAUBRIAND MUSHROOM CREAM, ROAST FINGERLING POTATOES & GREENS
- HENNING’S HOUSE-MADE SODAS GINGER or JUNIPER or LIME or POMEGRANATE
- ARNOLD PALMERGRANATE HOUSE-MADE GRENADINE, FRESH LEMON, ICED TEA
- FILET MIGNON ‘STEAK DIANE’ WORCHESTER, DIJON, CAPERS, MASHED POTATO