Mexicali Blue serves up delicious Southwestern & Californian style cuisine, featuring ultra fresh tacos and burritos.
Our philosophy is based on the California healthy way of thinking, fresh and natural ingredients, prepared quickly. Our New Paltz location is primarily Take-Out, and our newer Wappingers Falls location is a full-service, eat-in restaurant offering a larger menu and serving beer and wine.
The burritos (fish, steak, chicken, pork, bean or portobello) make a satisfying meal on their own. Stuffed with ingredients such as fresh cilantro, fresh lime, caramelized red onion, vegetable brown rice, black beans, cheese, spices, pico de gallo, guacamole, and sour cream, they are a meal that tastes great! The tacos, wrapped in grilled blue corn tortillas, are a smaller version of the burritos. The meats and fish are all fresh and everything is cooked fresh to order.
Selections From The Mexicali Blue Menu:
- Nachos Supreme – Monterey Jack Cheese, Jalapenos, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, Refried Beans, Marmalade Onions, & Herb Sour Cream. Choice of 1 meat: Baked BBQ Brisket, Pulled Pork, Baked Pork Pernil, Grilled Chicken, Grilled Steak, Chili
- Guinness & Steak Chili – Hanger steak, tomatoes, onions, cumin, and chipotle with roasted garlic and Guinness Beer
- Veggie Stuffed Portobello – Grilled Portobello mushroom infused with roasted garlic, stuffed with fresh guacamole and Pico
- Chile Arbol Enchilada – Grilled chicken in a homemade spicy hot sauce with a hint of Smoky notes
- Achiote Burrito – Pork loin marinated in orange juice with achiote spice, vegetable rice, black beans, guacamole, cilantro, sautéed pineapples and red onions, with coconut aioli
- Salmon Burrito – Grilled Cajun salmon, vegetable rice, black beans, chipotle pesto, red onions, cilantro, pico de gallo, herb sour cream
- Maple Mango Chicken Burrito – Grilled chicken smothered in our house made maple hot sauce, vegetable rice, black beans, mango pico, pico de gallo, marmalade onions, cilantro, and coconut aioli
- BBQ Brisket Burrito – Slowly cooked for 12 hours in our house made BBQ sauce, with vegetable rice, black beans, coleslaw, cilantro, marmalade onions
- Veggie Burrito – Grilled portobello, vegetable rice, black beans, guacamole, red onions, cheese, and herb sour cream
- Veggie Delight Quesadilla – Grilled portobello mushroom, summer squash, mango pico de gallo, jack cheese, and a side of herb sour cream
- Mexican Poke Bowl – Raw marinated tuna, served with cabbage, avocado, pico de gallo, corn, cilantro, fresh jalapenos, vegetable rice, black beans, and chipotle aioli or wasabi aioli
- California Fish Tacos – One cali catfish taco and one shrimp taco served with a side of coleslaw and vegetable rice and black beans