Vico Restaurant in Hudson NY, has built a restaurant around locally grown, seasonal ingredients from the Hudson Valley, uncomplicated preparation based on the centuries-old traditions of Italian cuisine, learning about naturally produced, small-scale wines from Tuscany and other regions of Italy as well as personalized service.
It begins when you’re greeted by name at the door, and ends only when you’re completely satisfied with the time you’ve spent at Vico Restaurant.
“At Vico, the vast majority of our meat, poultry, dairy, eggs and in-season produce is locally grown and raised in Columbia County, and that percentage is growing daily. We have forged relationships with terrific local producers, and are always on the lookout for more products to add.”
Selections from the Vico Restaurant Dinner Menu:
- Capisanti alla Veneziana – Plump, fresh sea scallops pan seared with garlic and lemon, served on a bed of wilted arugula
- Melanzana Fritta – Batter-fried eggplant chips, marinara dipping sauce
- Fettucine all’Aragosta – Maine lobster meat over house-made egg pasta in a creamy tomato-Cognac sauce
- Lasagne al Cinghiale – Layers of house-made pasta enveloped in a wild boar ragù, béchamel and parmigiano
- Pappardelle allo Sceriffo – House-made pappardelle pasta in a hearty ragu of owr own sweet Italian sausage, tomato, and roasted eggplant
- Controfiletto alla Fiorentina – Sirloin strip in the Florentine style: dredged in olive oil and char grilled. Served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- Salmone e Fagioli – Organic farm-raised salmon served over sage-scented white beans, tomato and kale
- Arista di Maiale – Bone-in chop of heritage Berkshire pork stuffed with Gruyere and Dijon mustard, and finished with beurre rouge