Hudson Hills Academy is a school which utilizes the practices of Maria Montessori. Hudson Hills offers toddler , elementary, and middle school programs for children from the approximate ages of 18 months to fourteen years old.
Teachers are skilled and thoroughly trained to provide a safe and nourishing environment for your children, while implementing Montessori principles. Applications are accepted throughout the year.
Hudson Hills strives to be an innovative, educational organization committed to providing learning experiences of superior quality which enable ALL students to successfully meet challenges now and in the future.
Hudson Hills Academy Learners Will Be:
- Self-Directed Learners who use positive core values to create a positive vision for themselves and their future, view themselves as lifelong learners, set priorities and achievable goals, create options for themselves, monitor and evaluate their progress, and assume responsibility for their actions.
- Collaborative Workers who use effective leadership and group skills to develop and manage interpersonal relationships within culturally and organizationally diverse settings.
- Complex Thinkers who identify, access, integrate, and use available resources and information to reason, make decisions, and solve complex problems in a variety of contexts.
- Community Contributors who use their time, energies, and talents to improve the welfare of others and the quality of life in their diverse communities.
- Quality Producers who create intellectual, artistic, practical, and physical products which reflect originality, high standards, and the use of advanced technologies.
- Wellness Practitioners who achieve states of wellness characterized by the total integration of body, mind, and spirit and by harmonious relationships within the social environment, with an understanding that health is not just the absence of disease or discomfort, but the ability to function effectively and happily.
- Global Participants who engage in the maintenance of our ecosystem through individual awareness and good personal habits; understand the role of the United States in the global economy; and contribute on a personal level to an improved quality of life for all people.
- Effective Communicators who listen and respond to others’ ideas and needs, relate information in various situations, and demonstrate verbal and non-verbal communication skills.