The Souvlaki Truck has been serving delicious Greek street food in Yonkers, New York since the summer of 2013.
Chef/Owner George Kringas developed the concept from memories of his childhood vacations to Greece. The Souvlaki Truck is a full service Mobile Greek Kitchen conveniently parked on busy Central Avenue in Yonkers (southbound, just before Oakley’s Car Wash). Food is cooked on a custom Charcoal Burning Grill giving it that distinct smokey flavor. In Addition to their Street Business, they also specialize in On-Site Catering.
Selections From The Souvlaki Truck Menu:
- Chicken or pork souvlakie
- Falafel Plate – crispy chickpea fritters, mixed green salad, hand cut oregano fries, warm grilled pita
- Greek Salad – Mixed greens, red onions, stuffed grape leaves, double cream feta cheese, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, house balsamic vinaigrette
- Gyro Pita – Low roasted lamb/beef gyro, wrapped in a warm grilled pita with tzatziki, red onion, mixed greens, tomato
- Pork Pita – A stick of pork souvlaki wrapped in a grilled pita with tzatziki, red onion, tomato, hand cut oregano fries
- Feta Fries – Our Hand Cut Fries Topped with Feta
- Chicken Pita – A stick of chicken souvlaki wrapped in a grilled pita with tzatziki, red onion, tomato, hand cut oregano fries
- Crispy Brussel Sprouts – Tossed with Feta Cheese and Light Honey Drizzle
- Hummus – Creamy chickpea spread
- Tzatziki – greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic spread with warm grilled pita