Hattie’s Restaurant serves a variety of Southern and Louisiana cuisine, including award winning famous Southern fried chicken. In addition to the main dining room there are two other dining options: The French Quarter lounge and the courtyard.The French Quarter lounge is perfect for dining, special occasions and late night bar.
Hattie’s Restaurant has been serving Southern cuisine since 1938 in a decidedly northern location—Saratoga Springs, NY. Hattie’s Restaurant reflects the storied history of its community, beginning with the glitter of the roaring 1920’s spa and gambling scene that brought original owner, Hattie Gray to Saratoga.
From casual backyard picnics to formal weddings, Hattie’s Catering Company is adept and versatile in helping to realize the event of your dreams. Hattie’s Catering Company is also available for large drop-offs or carry-outs. No order is too big or too small!
Selections from the Hattie’s Restaurant Menu:
- Hattie’s Famous Fried Chicken – served with a choice of 2 sides Same recipe since 1938.
- Pain Perdu (New Orleans French Toast) – Three thick slices of bread, dipped in custard and seared on a cast iron griddle.
- Crab Cakes Benedict – Two poached eggs on Hattie’s crab cakes with fresh spinach and hollandaise, served Texas toast and home fries
- Jambalaya – Generously seasoned tomato and rice dish with andouille sausage, shrimp, and chicken.
- Hattie’s Classic Gumbo – A rich, stew-like dish with andouille sausage, peppers, onions, garlic, celery, and thickened with a dark roux. Served over rice with chicken or shrimp.
- Blackened or Fried Catfish with Hoppin’ John Salad – Dusted with cornmeal and served with a refreshing salad of seasoned rice, black-eyed peas,corn and peppers. Served with lemony homemade tartar sauce.
- Warm Arugula Dinner Salad (GF) – A generous portion of baby arugula, pulled chicken, smoked bacon warmed in a lemon maple vinaigrette topped with roasted pecans and tomato.
- Seriously Good Pot Roast – 6-hour braised beef chuck served with roasted root vegetables, brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes.
- Savory Shrimp and Grits – Six shrimp smothered in a rich piquant Creole sauce and served over creamy grits