What is there to tell about The Heron Restaurant? A small-town girl with roots in restaurants moves to the big city to fulfill her fantasy of working in television. A city boy, born and raised in Detroit, goes to the Culinary Institute of America and moves to NYC, with hopes of running a restaurant of his own someday.
After years in the city talking about opening a restaurant, their dream becomes a reality, in a very unexpected place, Narrowsburg, New York. Inspired by the vast resources of the region, Marla and Paul relocate to Sullivan County with the hopes of creating a restaurant that is community driven and locally sustainable.
Selections from The Heron Restaurant Menu:
- Crispy Eggs On Cheesy Jalapeño Grits With Toast Point
- Home Made Corned Beef Hash With Two Sunny Side Eggs
- House Salad Mixed Greens, Carrot, Celery, Red Onion & Lemon Poppy Vinaigrette
- Buttermilk Fried Local Chicken & Homemade Biscuit with Honey Butter
- Parmesan Wings with Blue Cheese Yogurt Sauce, Celery & Carrot Slaw
- Mushroom & Swiss Beef Patty Melt, Grilled Onions & Horseradish Sauce, Ciabatta
- Reuben Sandwich, Corned Beef, Swiss, House made Russian Dressing
- Homemade Chicken Liver Mousse, Pickled Onion, Date Mustard, Grilled Beach Lake Bread
- Spanish Octopus, Grilled Corn, Harrisa Sauce, Fried Queso Blanco, Jalepeno, Thai Basil
- Crispy Salmon, Mashed Potatoes, Dill Sauce, Sauteed Organic Kale
- Blackened Catfish, Jalapeno Grits, Organic Sauteed Kale, Remoulade, Pickled Onions
- 14 oz Ribeye Steak, Organic Carrots, Local Duck Egg, Parmesean Truffle Fries, Garlic Mayo