Opening its door in October 2007 as a small take out shop, Garlic Lovers Corner has evolved into a one-of-a-kind restaurant located on Route 4 in Rensselaer. Head Chef and owner Nabil Assad, born in Egypt, is committed to providing a unique Mediterranean dining experience and outstanding dining service.
The extensive menu caters to all palates and their friendly knowledgeable staff will tend to all of your needs.
Garlic Lovers Corner offers a beautiful selection of fresh seafood, lamb, steak, chicken and vegetarian dishes from authentic recipes that utilize only the freshest ingredients as a variety of daily specials.
Selections from the Garlic Lovers Corner Menu:
- Falafel – Croquets of ground chickpeas, garlic, cilantro, onion and coriander. Flash fried and served with hummus.
- Tzatziki – A dip made of sour cream, grated cucumber, fresh dill and garlic.
- Salmon Salad – Marinated and grilled salmon filet over a bed of mixed greens, dried apricots or fresh blueberries, cashews and goat cheese. Topped with a honey-sherry vinaigrette.
- Falafel Pita – Baby greens, tomato, cucumber, hummus and tahini.
- Bedouin Chicken – On toasted pita with hummus, fresh spinach, feta and tomato.
- GLC Lamb Burger – rilled lamb burger with feta cheese, grilled tomato, greens and tzatziki sauce. Served on a toasted roll.
- Beef Kebeb – Beef tenderloin marinated in house spices, skewered and grilled.
- Lamb Kebob – Lamb sirloin marinated in house spices, skewered and grilled.