Jacuterie creates classically inspired Charcuterie made by Jackiscooking LLC in Ancramdale, New York. Focusing on small batch European style dry cured sausages, specialty smoked bacons, and fresh sausages.
Drawing from the finest traditions from Europe and beyond, JACüTERIE products are all inspired by the varying flavors of the world, but are made locally in the Hudson Valley of New York with local Pork and the finest spices and herbs.
Dry Cured Sausages are made slowly over the course of five weeks. We carefully select the best meat and then blend it with carefully measured spices, herbs, salt, and sometimes a splash of wine. The sausages are given a short rest to allow the ingredients to marinate together. We then hang the sausages in our special curing chambers designed specifically by JACüTERIE for four weeks until they are ready to eat.
Located at Herondale Farm in Ancramdale, NY, Jacuterie primarily uses pork from the farm’s pasture raised pigs, as well as sourcing from some of the best farms in the Hudson Valley to create Charcuterie that is unique to our area.
Selections from the Jacuterie product line:
- SAUCISSON D’ARLES – The classic french saucisson sec, made only with pork and french sea salt, for a deliciously smooth pork flavor.
- ALPINE CERVELAT – A Swiss inspired saucisson sec mildly flavored with nutmeg, ginger, and coriander, and dotted with whole mustard seeds and black peppercorns. The Alpine Cervelat is deliciously smooth and quite different from all the rest.
- MAPLE BACON – Two things that were made for each other: Pork and Maple Syrup. Cured for seven days with sea salt and locally produced Crown Maple Syrup. This bacon has just the right amount of sweet and salty and smokiness.
- HERBS & SPICES BACON – Inspired by Italian Pancetta, the Herbs & Spices Bacon is cured in a variety of herbs and spices, garlic, brown sugar, and sea salt. But instead of hanging to dry cure we give the belly a light smoking to create a deliciously flavorful bacon.
- BOMBAY BANGER – A JACüTERIE creation we infuse the classic British Bangers with the finest Bombay curry powder for a delightful kick. A delicious replacement for any recipe with British Bangers, or just grilled on it’s own!
- BOEREWORS – This South African-inspired sausage, made with beef and pork, is spiced with garlic, coriander, cloves, nutmeg and tarragon. This sausage is presented as a large wheel as opposed to links and is great on the summer grill.