Something Sweet Dessert Cafe is often referred to as the “best kept secret in Middletown, NY. Aside from the artisanal desserts, Something Sweet has an eclectic menu that offers soups, salads, sandwiches and meals… all made in house from scratch!
Anna Madden’s passion is in her desserts. Elegantly decorated and freshly made with fine ingredients, the pastries and desserts are delectable. Whether you are looking for a flaky apple turnover for breakfast or a rich petite gateau after dinner, they have what you are craving! Seasonable choices are available and large orders for your next event are no problem.
Something Sweet Dessert Cafe is located in the Heart of Historic Downtown Middletown, on North Street, just past Franklin Square, the intersection of North, South, East Main and West Main Streets. The Cafe is a very short walk from the Paramount Theatre and most other Downtown Middletown attractions.
Selections from the Something Sweet Dessert Cafe:
- Almond Croissant French Toast – A custard dipped French toast made with our flaky croissant. Served with a house-made almond & butter infused maple syrup and fresh fruit.
- Breakfast Pizza – Customize your own delicious creation! Whole wheat pizza crust with your choice of toppings, finished with fresh eggs and baked until bubbly. You will be able to choose from 4 spreads, 4 cheeses, 4 veggies and 4 meats.
- Bacon Onion Jam Tartlet – A flaky puff pastry tart filled with our homemade bacon onion jam & laced with creamy brie. Served warm & bubbly.
- Sesame Shrimp – Sesame encrusted shrimp, grilled and served with cucumbers and a sesame dipping sauce.
- Artichoke Dip with Crostini – Rich and creamy artichoke heart and parmesan spread, baked until bubbly and served with crostini.
- Baked Four Cheese Farfalle – Bow-tie pasta served in a creamy light tomato sauce w/ fontina, mozzarella, pecorino romano & gorgonzola cheeses.
- Sausage Pasta – Rigatoni served with sautéed sweet Italian sausage and Mama’s homemade marinara sauce, tossed with parmesan and fresh basil
- Scallops and Garlic Onion Rice – Seared succulent scallops served over a garlic and onion basmati rice. Served with a side of fresh grilled asparagus
- Heirloom Chicken – Thin, tender filets of chicken breast seasoned with fresh thyme & garlic. Topped with a stewed heirloom tomato, basil and garlic sauce and served with a side of rosemary-roasted potatoes and fresh asparagus.